Today my boss is demanding $40L/hr. back for each hour I worked. Am I obligated to pay it back?

CallaLilyWolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My in-world boss set my pay on the time clock at work to pay me $60L/hour for a max of 11 hours a week. I worked all 11 as required, and did more than my fair share (even off the clock, for free) .I had asked them multiple times how much I was being paid, and they never gave me a straight answer, but the time clock told me when I checked it. Today was payday. They paid me my $660L in wages for the week worked. Now both of my bosses are harassing me in local chat and IMs demanding I give them back the money. They reset my wages to $20L/hour for a max of 25 hours a week AFTER the pay period started over as of this morning. But now they won't quit harassing me about giving them back what they knowingly paid me, as per the original settings THEY themselves put in on the clock as my pay per hour. I have no authority on the time clock so there is no way I touched it.

My question: Do I have an obligation, according to Linden Labs, to pay them back the money they're claiming and demanding that they 'overpaid' me for hours worked??

6 answers to this question

Nope.  No obligation.  LL don't get involved in inter-resident disputes about such matters:

Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain, or agreement made between Second Life Residents.

My suggestion would be to mute both your former bosses and AR them for harassment.

No, you have no obligation.  In fact, if you are reporting accurately, it sounds as if THEY are going back on their bargain with YOU.

Here's my question for you, though:  $L60 per hour is a wage of about 25 cents per hour.  In most places in the USA, the minimum wage is a bit more than that...$7.25 per hour, or 29 times what you are making in your Second Life job, even at the old, higher rate.  So, why are you spending hours of your time doing this?  Unless your SL "job" is something that you actually love doing (I love teaching, for instance), it's not worth spending your precious free time.  If you need money for SL, take a second job in RL, or work a little overtime.  You work a lot less hours for a lot more gain.  Use your in world time to have fun, explore, shop, or learn how to create and sell content.  Successful content creators in SL have a shot at making a much better income than any SL "wage slave".

• Like 1

Mute them quit and move on any linden dollars paid to you or by you is leagly considered a "gift"  ther are no actuall bosses or jobs in secondlife and as previously stated lindenlabs dosenot sadly enough get involved in resident disputes  unless you pay them lots of rl moneyy to do so regaurding i.p rights over content you your self create and actually have stolen!!

Just do what I did and delete the whole program off the computer its not worth the crap.  The program is full of insecure dummies and even the creators are the same they only care about stealing money from the sad people who play.  I went looking for help and all i got was greif from everyone I sure hope that this thing gets shut down soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.