My items get deleted from my inventory every time i log out.

Holly Horner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Linden Labs just re activated my account for me but its not working right and they want me to pay them to fix it! I am looking for answers please...

If I put anything in my inventory then log out, its not there when i log back in. I get a fresh inventory like when you create a new account. I have tried many viewers and nothing helps. For some reason its not saving my SL. I can dress my avatar also and it will be a newbie avi when I log back in. I get a Male or Female option on the start of every log in as well. I made another account and its fine. I just would like my normal account back

Reply to Cinn - I see that it cost.. whether or not they charged me is not the case here though. I have an account LL re activated for me and it will not save things in the inventory when I put them there. I have filed a ticket, they give me a Jira link for a bug in Nov 2008. I ask for help again, and they reply i need to issue a new ticket. I issue a new ticket and I get the reply I have to be a premium member. If I was supposed to pay for anything, noone said while they were helping me in the last ticket. now things changed? Im asking here if anyone knows how to fix the inventory problem. thank you 

2 answers to this question

I am sorry but I'm confused by your post.  Are you saying that LL activated an old account, which is stated to cost $9.95 to do, and you paid them the $9.95 but now they want more money??  Or are you saying you don't want to pay the $9.95 reactivation fee?

Just use the Option - Edit to add information to your post.  The Answers forum is Reply-impaired.

--Cinn

ETA:  This from the knowledge base

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

The fact that you're swapping between different viewers is going to cause you extra issues. 

Please log into Second Life, go into your advanced menu, and do a character test.  (From advanced menu, about halfway down click on "character", then go across, click "character test", "test female").  Yes, you will once again look like the newbie avatar.

Now go to "edit" ("me"), "preferences" "network" and clear your caches. Log out, switch off the computer, and also unplug your modem to give it a fresh start.

Relog into a quiet location. Furball is a nice quiet waterland sim.

Open your inventory. Wait for it to load fully.  It may be that anything new that has been placed in your inventory since you reactivated your account will now appear.

Please note that, as per the information given in Cinnamon's very informative post, there is no guarantee when reactivating an account that all of your inventory will be restored.

It is important to exercise patience, go through advice given to you carefully and slowly. If none of the suggestions so far have worked, then you really do need to add your comments, and click to "watch" the JIRA link you have been given.

I wish you luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.