Yard sale for charity?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been out of SL for some months and there is a 20,000+ inventory going begging ... I know most of it is non=transfer, but if I can find a way to separate out the transferable items (suggestions welcome), does anyone know a good way of offering them cheaply to make a few lindens for a good charity? ( I'm thinking Relay for Life)

I just checked and it looks like you can type into your inventory search "no transfer" without the quotes to see all the no transfer items. I don't see a way to search for "transfer" items. As for selling, there is a 'used items' section in the SL Marketplace. You could also try finding a parcel to have a yard sale on.

If you want to donate to Relay For Life (the new season will be starting soon, believe mid-March, that's usually when it starts) you'll want the special vendor to put the items in. This is to make sure all proceeds actually go to the ACS. That is, if you want all proceeds to go there. That's the simplest way. The RFL in SL group actually has yard sale type vendors specifically for this purpose too-or at least they did, not sure what's to come this year. But I don't think they're for off-season use, I could be wrong though. Right now I believe they only have off-season kiosks(for taking monetary donations)-but you'd have to check in-world. I'm not nearly as up to date as I should be atm. There's a RFL in SL volunteer group you can join(it's huge, can't miss it in search, haha), where they can give you more info on that and who to contact and whatnot.

You could also simply decide to hold the sale and then send all proceeds to either an off-season kiosk, or hold onto it until the season starts, as well. But you can't(well, you shouldn't, we're not supposed to) advertise that a portion of the proceeds goes to RFL. Again you can get that info from the group though. I'm not in-world at the moment, but all the info I do have is only as current as this past summer (aka, last season), so things may change(sometimes they do, haha). Or you can wait until the season starts and then do it, if you want to wait that long, lol.

That's my personal favorite charity in sl, holds a very near and dear place in my heart for many reasons. It's the one I prefer over most, so my opinion may be slightly biased, but I think it's a great idea :D.

But there are also a ton of other charities too. As bad as search may be sometimes, you might be able to find others, if you don't want to limit yourself to just one, that is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.