How can I show 2 different destinations on my land in the inworld search engine?

Mika Palmyra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I rent half a sim and I divided it in 2 parts, that are 2 different destinations. For the first part, I just checked the square saying : show as a place in the search engine for 30 L a week.

But how can I get  the same option for my other part (second destination) without cancelling the showing of the first part-destination?

If i redo the same operation on an other landing spot (in my second part), will it do the job without affecting the first destination?

TYVM

Mika Palmyra

The Dream Team/SHAN SL Beach Lifestyle

3 answers to this question

If you have your land divided into two separate lots you should be able to list each of them separately in search for L$30 each and set different landing points for each. To the rest of the world those two lots will seem as different as if they had completely different owners. They also can (and should) be given their own descriptions.

The half sim is a single parcel.  You may have "divided" the parcel into two areas but both those areas are just half (or however you "divided" it) of the single parcel that you rent.  A parcel can only have one discription and one landing point for TP's.  It also is shown in search only one time.  When you make a change on one of your "divided" areas it changes the other because, in reality, there is no "other area. 

Unless the owner of the sim (your landlord) has given you owner rights to the land (which he would be foolish to do) you cannot actually divide your half sim into areas.  All you can to is separate them according to theme, scenery, etc to designate areas for your guests.....all on a single parcel that has been divided by the owner (your landlord) according to how the owner wants it divided.  You have no comtrol over that and cannot make changes yourself.  You can talk to the owner of the sim and see if he will dvide your half sim into the areas you want and still rent at the same rate you now rent the half sim......He might do that for you but it's up to him.  Otherwise, you have one single landing point, one discription and one search for both your areas.

Check in About Land.  If it says, this parcel may be subdivided, you can split it into two or more parcels.  To do this, right click the land and choose Edit Terrain.  Then choose Select Land and drag your mouse to enclose the parcel you want to split off.  Then click Subdivide in the About Land window.

However, as Peggy said, the sim owner probably will not let you subdivide the land.  If you really need two different destinations, discuss the matter with them and see if they will do it for you.

An alternative:  Choose one spot on your land as the arrival point, and set it as the Landing Point in About Land.  Nearby, put up a local teleport board with the destinations within your parcel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.