Frustration with gold hunt

Kendalio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

the gold hunt is always screwed up.  you put your time in and wait and then the coins don't pay.  i put my time in as instructed, i should be paid!!!!!!  it's a total rip off!!!!

and if you complain or even ask questions about it, they kick you out and ban you. 

they keep starting up new games fish hunt, noob hunt, worm farm, but cant even get this one to work right, so i sure as heck wouldn't bother with any those....

i've been in SL for about a week now and this is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth...

i've had problems evry time and just now someone told me they are doing it on purpose to make more money and make sim owners happy - is that true?  how can they get away with that?

The hunts and games that are NOT the Linden Realms are made by other users and some of them may not be very well thought out or they may not work at all. I think in most cases they are attempting to add fun to their sims the best they can with the scripts that they have or don't have and some will be better at it than others. Try not to get too angry at a game or a hunt that doesn't seems to work all that well as I am sure the sim owners want them to work much more than you do because for you it only effects you but for them it effects all of their visitors. If you find a bad one remember it and try again in a week or two as they may find ways to improve it. Other than that just move on to the next one and hope it works as it should. Sim owners spend a lot of money to maintain a sim and a lot if time to add interactive features but it is still a part of the learning process for many.

And just one suggestion from my side. Better buy L$ then play for them. Earning money with games in SL is a time sink you are noticing right now. This would be a way you have much more time for the funny things in SL like socializing, listening music or learn to build and so.

Good decision. :)

Also if you like to hunt for lindens. Linden Lab the company of SL made an own serious Hunt for beginners but it is rather only on one place.. a game area, Freecilla mentioned "Linden Realms". Type that in search and teleport to one of these Linden Realms places and walk through a portal and just make some quests and missions there and collect diamonds. You can earn money faster there. Maybe good for beginning and serious.. however still a timesink. But I had fun there for some hours and I would suggest it to people who want to collect little lindens.

But if you dont like timesink and if you just want to have some good amount of L$ then better buy L$ as you get already more then 250 L$ for 1$ or so. Imagine that. I dont know the exact rates now but it should be round about.

Also you could look what people looking for.. lots searcing for helpers and some will pay you if you help them in there club or whatever. Some pay you a minimal amount per hour and you can collect tips while working as well. There are some other jobs as well you just must look around here in the forums and so. However always remind how much hours you in RL spend and what they give you.

You could also learn how to create content and then sell it to people via SL Marketplace. But if you dont know how to build in SL then this will be a long trail.

So what ever you do.. always remind its the reallife hours you spend in front of the computer and most wont get rich with SL.

• 2 weeks later...

The only decent way to win lindens that i have found is to try trivia competitions. Groups like the trivia fiends offer reasonable reward for your time, genuine competition rather than just mindless clicking of coins and are, most importantly, a fun social activity where you can make friends.

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is super old, and hopefully you've had a better SL experience since posting this.....but I'm responding because this still came up at the top of the search results when I was looking for something and I think it might confuse/discourage a lot of people with similar questions. Hopefully this can help those people.

As someone who has both played gold hunt and who put coins on my land, the coins DO pay. Land owners/shop owners/etc. pre-pay them for them to even work and every time someone collected one, my balance that I paid to the coin definitely went down. If they exist to make land owners happy and scam other people, *I* certanily did not see those perks. 

What you may not realize is that once you collect a coin (or several coins) you have to then go to the gold hunt land and collect your lindens from their ATM machine.  They don't just go straight to your linden balance...you have to go collect. I used to go every time I'd get to 100L$, for example. Plus, if you start collecting before you "register" on the goldtokens website (that's the gold hunt version that I played, anyway), it might not count everything you collected. I ran into that when I first started, but after I "registered" I had no problems collecting every linden I earned AFTER registering. I did lose some of what I had collected prior to registering on the website. It probably has something to do with the system not keeping track of names of people who aren't "officially" playing or something. The instructions are all available right there when you click the coin.

And many of the coins are actually worth less than a linden, so you have to collect many of them to add them up and have any meaningful income. It's a time suck, for sure (which is why I no longer play). But for some people it is worth it. Some people make tens of thousands of lindens playing gold hunt....the website you log in to check your balance shows rankings and what people earn, so...you can see for yourself. It's up to you if it's the right way for you to get lindens. 

So, the reason they "get away with it" is because the coins actually do pay and there's nothing for them to "get away with". It's your own fault if you don't follow the instructions and then go collect your earnings.

The people who SHOULD complain are the ones who put the coins on their land and have to pay a "tax" to the gold hunt people every time they add to their coin balance....just to have traffic on their land that doesn't care about anything except collecting coins. Yeah it's kind of a little nice to have the traffic boost, but I'd rather have people spending time paying attention to what I've put my work in to instead of just tramping around collecting fractions of lindens and then leaving. Like it's not my job to fund other people's Second Life. There is very little benefit in the gold hunt for most land owners because we just pour money into it and get nothing back except a slight traffic boost. And it kind of tackys-up your build to have a bunch of coins laying around.

My traffic with the gold hunt coins, for example, would be at least 98% people coming just to collect coins and then leave. Very few actually stayed to look around, and unless you put out the coins that pay higher amounts and require people to stay on the land at least 5 minutes, it doesn't even COUNT in your traffic statistics....so it's definitely a worse deal for the land owners than for the people who might be midly inconvenienced by playing. 

"Traffic boosting" contraptions/games are rarely as beneficial as people want them to be....because you almost always get the people there who just want to be there to collect money and who have no interest in what is on your land.  

• 1 year later...

I agree with you about coin hunt, but mostly about the stealing. The people are so greedy and ruthless they will steal everything. It is just not  fair after waiting for the coin and here they come and take it. You are also right...I have turned in people for cursing me, kicking me etc and nothing was done...but if I say anything to someone, then I get banned. This game is wrong on so many levels, but the head people claim it is not stealing if someone takes the coin..plus the coins are always not working and sometimes for a day or more. I can go all over the place nd either the coins are out of funds, or they are gone. If people are going to add something to their palce that gives money, then for gosh sakes keep it filled up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.