Looking for house/skybox creation guides.

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,
I would love to make my own skyboxes and houses in the future for personal use, or to sell to others depending whether or not I think they would sell.
Anyway, I have been googling, but so far haven't found anything useful other than how to make a sky platform which I already know.

Any links, guides and tut's you have on the subject of house/skybox creation would be greatly appreciated!
(Also, would it be possible to make a house entirely out of prims without using an external programm?)

3 answers to this question

A house is no different to anything else you build in SL.  Rez a cube prim, make X and Y dimensions big, Z small = floor.  Rez another cube, make X the wall length, Y small, Z the storey height (usually 3 - 5m in SL) = a wall.  Place it along the edge of your first prim.  Copy it across to the oppostire edge.  Etc.

And a skybox is just a house that isn't put on the ground.

Hi, where to start?? :P.....let me suggest that the first thing you do is joing the Builders Brewery Group. There you will find people who have been building all sorts of things in SL for a long time. They also have classed daily that you can attend.

But...once in the group....just as people for "LM's" to place for info and you will be give lots of them!! They will also give you plenty of freebie tools and you can find out about the best tools you can purchase in SL....or which ones are best out of SL.

Some places of interest for you would be like....the LSL Scripting Library, the Particle Lab, Builders Brewery Sandboxes, ...and feel free to IM me inworld....I can give you plenty of landmarks and tools myself, :P.

Oh....and yes....most people don't use external programs for making houses or skyboxes. Most external programs are for more detailed "Sculpting" of finely detailed items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.