Mesh is not visible when worn

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have this really weird problem with mesh. I'm using the latest Phoenix viewer so it supports mesh. Mesh will not render for a ridiculously long time if it's worn on any avatar including myself (a mesh avatar will not load for like half an hour, I've waited like 10min and only the head and tail are visible, rest of body is completely invisible), no matter how lag-free the region is. However, if I rez the mesh object on the ground, it will render normally within a few seconds. Does anyone know what might be causing this? =/

You can do a couple of tests: disable Light & Shadows in the properties menu and/or run the other viewers to find out if you experience the same situation. If you do it might be the reported bug where meshes with alpha channel enabled textures do not get rendered properly when Lights and Shadows are enabled in the options.

You can also try the Phoenix team forums for users using the Phoenix viewer that might be experiencing issues similar to yours.

I just found out that basic shaders are needed to see rigged mesh. No wonder I can't see them when worn, since mesh clothing technically becomes rigged when they're worn. This is still kind of weird as what does basic shaders have to do with adding skeleton anchors to a mesh? SL becomes so laggy with basic shaders =/

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.