All the textures in-world are a rainbow... or sometimes just mixed. What can i do?

hermione Langsdorff

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

With only that discription to go by, it looks like you have a graphics card problem.  And even worse, it looks like you have a graphics card pending failure.  First thing to try would be a graphics driver update.  Though I doubt it will fix your problem it might and it's the very first thing to do anyway so it won't hurt.  And another important thing to do would be to Google "hardware monitoring software" (or go to Download.com and search).  There are many very good free programs that you can choose from.........get one, install it and run it while in SL (or any other graphics intensive program).  Pay particular attention to both your graphics card and CPU temps.  Both those hardware devices are critical to your computer and both typically have an upper threshold of 105 C..........anything near that temp is  getting into a dangerous area for damage to the device.  My personal "upper threshold limit" is 95 C.............shut down the program that's causing that high a temp and investigate why it happened in the first place.  Most time that cause is dust build and that is something people just don't pay much attention to.......and it causes more graphics card failures than any other reason.  If you own a desktop it's pretty easy to keep you computer case clean.  Just take off the side of the case and blow the dust out with a can of compressed air.  For laptops, unless you are aquainted with removing the parts of the case necessary to get access to the inside of the computer, it's best to take to a good repair facility (laptops are prone to getting a lot of dust inside if you actually place the computer on your lap or on the couch or bed while you are using it........bad idea).

If the graphics card driver update and cleaning doesn't fix your problem, then it's time to start looking for a replacement card........I don't think you're going to have to wait long before a complete failure.  Computers are not a high maintenance item.......but they are not maintenance free either.  Cleaning your computer case and monitoring temps is regular maintenance that should be performed on any computer you want to keep more than just a year or so.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.