Adding Pictures to an item in Marketplace

MasoDevotina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, after I spent a while in SL I decided to get creative, and people told me to that my stuff is worth selling.

I decided to do exactly that and was able to place one item for starters on marketplace, the guide from LL did help me quite a bit. it is also said in this guide that a picture of the item to sell is very important, and I highly agree with that.

In the guide it is said that it is not a must to add pictures, so I thaught the place to upload images is where I had to set the other stuff like description, keywords, price etc. and  wanted to tick the respective checkbox ... checkbox? Image? Upload?

I did not find any way to uplaod an image to my product, so I'm wondering what I did miss ...

Thanks in advance for any help and hints.

Go to you Merchant  home page and from the side bar click Manage Inventory.  A list of items will appear.  Find the item and look to the end of the line about that item.  Click Actions and choose Edit. 

Right under the Available Quantity setting there is Images, a button that says upload an image.  Click that.  The maximum size is 700x525 pixels.  You can upload up to eight.  Once all the pics are uploaded , scroll to the bottom of the page and click the update button. 

That's what I did, but underneath the quantity setting was nothing left to fill in ...

However, after clicking edit for more than 10 times in the listing a lot of additional settings showed up and the guide matched with what I had on the screen :D

Thanks for the quick response anyway :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Try another browser and see if that helps if you have not yet.

I saw a few people saying they didn't find the option to upload product images on these forums and answers forums, but don't know if/how they could sort it out. Tracking a few people who had that issue, someone seems to have fixed it, and others don't.

I believe the picture upload is done with a Java Applet. If you have Java disabled or do not have the Java runtime installed then you will not be able to run the upload applet.

Try downloading the latest Java Runtime from here: Download Java Runtime

You may also visit a website that gives instructions on how to enable Javascript in your browser. This one covers the most popular browsers and may help you with this problem: Enable Javascript

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.