Question on blender mesh quality

Emily1313

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok i been making a couple peices of clothing all coming out fine but today i tried to make a tank top, but for some reason the Lod (level of quality) on the shirt went down, when i try to upload it to sl its all choppy (looks choppy in blender too) and  when worn on avatar its going into the body kina invis, i hope im describing this right. i have no idea what i did to make blender change the quality on the mesh, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. ty in advance.

Ty Drago, i beleived it worked, but now i have another issue when uploading. In the preview screeen the mesh tank top looks great but when i upload it and place on avatar , its invisable on outside but not on the inside.... i will supply a photo, im wearing an alpha too. This is just wierd,,,,help with tank.jpg

In edit mode click "N", this will open up a panel on the right side.  Under the "mesh display" panel, look under "normals" and click "faces".

This will show blue lines coming out of your faces.  This points the direction that the face is faceing (known as a normal).  If some are pointing in (towards where the avatar would be) these wont be visibe because only the front side of the face (the sied the normal is pointing) is rendered is SL.  Flip any normals that are facing the wrong way.  You can try to select all faces and click control+N.  This trys to make all of your normals consistant.  If this doesnt work select the problem faces,  under the mesh tools panel (Hit "T" to open) click flip normals.

• Like 1

Also, If you change the view mode in blender from solid (default) to textured, it should only render the front faces, this can be a quick way to see if you have any normals that are flipped.  The button is located on the bottom and has a white sphere as default (solid)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.