How to change your appearance

nt891995

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello im new and i was wondering how i can change my look on SL. btw how do ppl make their avatars look so cool like dinosaurs, robts, pokemon, etc. i researched wiki and im still confused i even bought a strategy guide and it still all sounds confusing. sorry im not to good at tech. stuff so forgive me if i sound naive. thanks for reading :D

Don't expect to be able to do everything at once in SL. There is always more you can learn here.

First of all, a Shape, Skin and Hair are the basic parts of your look - unless you don't want to look human. Then you would most likely have an avatar shape made at least in part from prims. If you want to play around with free stuff, there are places in SL that have freebies & freebies for most things on the Marketplace. If you want fun non-human looks, you might try Grendel's Children in world. They have some free stuff & lots of inexpensive stuff.

nt891995 wrote:

hello im new and i was wondering how i can change my look on SL. btw how do ppl make their avatars look so cool like dinosaurs, robts, pokemon, etc. i researched wiki and im still confused i even bought a strategy guide and it still all sounds confusing. sorry im not to good at tech. stuff so forgive me if i sound naive. thanks for reading
:D

1.  There are free avatars in your inventories library, or you can pick up a free fully dressed avatar on basic.

2.  Go to the freebie island places as there are some free clothing for you to start with, including shoes, hair, eyes, all kinds of items.  Just type in free clothing in your destination guide, and the teleports should come up. 

3.  Your clothing, hair, skin, shoes and other items come in folders like folders in your DOCUMENTS area on your computer.  You open a folder and chose wear for the items you want to wear.  When you want to take an item off, choose detach.  To find what you are wearing type WORN in your inventories search box and everything you are wearing should show up.  It's a good idea to rename your items so that you can remember them.  For instance, right click and chose rename on the folder itself, and then rename the item such as HAIR brown/long just for an example, that way all your hair is under hair, and all your shoes would be under shoes but with a little description of what the shoes are.  In another thread you stated you wanted to make a hoodie, so another example of how to file your inventory would be to rename that hoodie, TOP/HOODIE, WHITE for an example. 

Marketplace is here on this website and just point your cursor to shopping instead of community and you should be able to find some free or quite inexpensive items to start out with.

Hope I'm not confusing you, but there are some tutorials on how to organize your inventory, I believe by Torley Linden on You Tube.

Good luck and have fun trying out some outfits and avatars.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.