Does anyone know of a Kiss/Hug HUD where you DON'T have to line up the avatars prior to the hug?

Outdoorlover Galaxy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Unless you use a hud that actually rezzes poseballs, like the "Sex Anywhere" huds (anywhere, that is, that lets you rez stuff), then I'm afraid not.  

This isn't because of a lack of ingenuity on the part of scripters; it's because of the constraints of LSL.  I don't want to get too technical, but, essentially, you can't rotate avatars unless they're sitting on something or unless they're using RLV (and even if they're using RLV, you can't rotate them any where near accurately enough to line them up for a kiss), and, anyway, scripts in attachments can't measure the rotation of the avatar who's wearing them particularly accurately unless the avatar is in mouselook at the time.

What happens when someone accepts your offer of a kiss is (normally) that one script in your hud holds the object of your affections in place while another script calculates the distance between you and then moves you that distance, give or take, towards your target.   What it can't do is turn you round so you're facing in the right direction before you start, or calculate with sufficient accuracy the angle at which you should be moving to end up face-to-face.

This is an area of scripting I know pretty well, and if you wanted me to move a prim so it ended up nicely aligned with another prim, I could do it for you.  But I just can't do that with avatars, I'm afraid.   LSL won't let me.

ETA The only work-round (sort of) for this is to use something like this Micromover Hud in conjunction with a hug/kiss device, so you can adjust your position (though not your rotation)  in small units when you reach the person you want to kiss, sliding yourself slightly to the right or left.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.