item mysteriously disappeared from box

Josh Susanto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How did someone get into my boxes, and how did they delete one item?

I know it was there because one person viewed it on SLM before it became unavailble, otherwise, I would just assume I had failed to notice that it didn't list in the first place.

When looked for, though, it was in none of my boxes. NONE.

I have put it back, but seriously... what kind of explanation exists that should not only make me more paranoid?

I would have had to do it while I wasn't anywhere near a computer, and surrounded by witnesses to the fact that I was not near a computer during the time in which the item was both viewed and then deleted.

Does that sound more plausible or less plausible than something that didn't involve me?

Joking, I have no doubt your item disappeared of its own accord. Unless you find peanut butter in your keyboard, then perhaps it was the Fornits after all.

But since you mention plausible, let me query you back ... more plausible that the platform isn't stable since it's inception in 2003, and that your item was a casualty of a technical problem or that a Linden came along and swiped that item out of your Magic Box?

You would think the latter, but ...

I'd bring this up in the next session of the Commerce User Group, though.

>One explanation I can think of... the item was "no copy" - so you could sell it once only

Except that it was never purchased; it was only viewed.

But, since in the early days of SLM, one item was actually purchased without being viewed by anyone, the reverse of that bug might also be possible. 

The object, itself, has always been full perms, and I posted no limit to the supply on SLM. 

Are you saying the perms got borked while it was in the box, and then SLM, coincidentally, just didn't record the sale?

Or maybe someone just went to the sim and deleted it right out of the boxes?

Which actually seems less unlikely?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.