My avatar is cloud after every try. On the same PC my GF´s one is works just mine not!

Varg Lynagh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings!

It´s looks like a basic issue but it´s not. I´ve tired everything, but my avatar is still cloud... every option from this site didn´t helped me -> http://blog.nalates.net/2010/09/24/avatar-render-problems-ghost-cloud-smoke-ball-ruth/

I use my SL from Hungary, but now I´m in Finland, my GF´s avatar is loading succesfuly on the same PC just my avatar doesn´t!

What should I do? Pls help me out!

Regards!

Varg Lynagh

5 answers to this question

There's no way for any of us to know how the common computer is setup.  Assuming that you and your girl friend have separte accounts on that computer check what your gir friend's setup has or doesn't have that you don't have or do have.......short version, check what is different in the account setups.

And do the same with your SL account preferences....see what's different about them. 

Those two things could give you a hint on what to do to resolve the problem.  It appears to be account specific and not an SL problem or a computer problem.  That leaves accounts.........both the computer accounts and the SL accounts.

That's a communication problem between your computer and SL's servers. Information about your appearance has to be "baked" onto your avatar on your own computer, saved there, and then uploaded to SL before it's fully visible there. If the necessary information is messed up in transmission, you may end up with a borked file on your computer, or SL's servers may end up with a borked file. Either way, your av's appearance defaults to a fluffy cloud. What works to repair the damage for one person won't necessarily work for the next person, and it may not be the same thing that works for you tomorrow. See the full list of possibilitites here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail . Start with the simple things at the top of the list and work down until you find what works for you today.

BTW, one of the first things to suspect is the type of connections that you and your GF are each using.  If you are using a wireless connection, that could be the cause of the problem. Wireless is not a reliable method for connecting to SL.  It loses bandwidth easily and is likely to suffer from interference from cell phones, garage door openers, and even fluorescent light fixtures.

Seems to be a question I hear almost every day at parties, one thing you can try is in the graphics part of it to adjust everything as 'low' or way on top to move the slider to faster <<<<<<<<<<<<<. . when we first start out settings are based on the system which is why they 'crash' a lot. people who brag about phoenix being the best program don't always believe it, phoenix has issues such as some would see an avi wearing clothes but say they look like a ball shape when if you stick with viewer 2 like everyone should we would see each other the same and not having them IM you if your wearing a mesh. Speaking of viewer 2 Linden Labs this question is for you... when we update the viewer why doesn't it remove the previous version instead of using up our harddrive, each update is using from 20 to 30 megs. When we update there are older update icons.T

That "issue" with Phoenix is simply a matter of Phoenix being a V1 codebase viewer, not designed for viewing mesh objects. To view mesh, you must be using a V2 codebase viewer (either LL's own or Firestorm, which is also V2). Non-compatible viewers will see only the unrendered shape, usually a sphere. There are two exceptions: (1) The Cool viewer, created by Henry Beauchamp, is a V1 viewer but has been modified to be mesh compatible, and (2) the newly-released upgrade to Phoenix (as of last week) uses Beauchamp's code to make it mesh-compatible too.

Updates usually do not remove the previous version because many people prefer to keep older viewers around, to reinstall in the (highly) likely event that the new upgrade has serious bugs and will not run properly.

Hello Varg and welcome to SL Forums.

1. Move to a region without lag, or better relog there. Protected lands like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere are recommended.
  2. Open your inventory type something in search there and wait fetching all your items till the last one. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit choosing choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat same process if it is necessary.
  3. If the problem remains follow the suggestions at the following link: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_​fail They work for all viewers.
  4. If still you haven't fixed your problem, obviously you have corrupted files in your computer. It is very possible especially if you share the same computer with your girlfriend. If so, you have to delete them and to download new ones. To do that, delete all contests at the following folder and after repeat steps 1 and 2: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife / If the folder Appdata is a hidden, --> Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.