Marketplace: money taken, item not delivered, no refund, its been 2 days

Elliot Faromet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey guys, two days ago I purchased an item from the marketplace worth L$2000.

However, two days on I have yet to recieve the item...or recieve a refund of my L$2000 lindens.

I am concerned that those L$2000 lindens are now lost, and that is alot of money for me to loose through a marketplace issue.

Edit: I have indeed contacted the vendor. However he has yet to be paid for the transaction either. Its out of his hands.

4 answers to this question

Hello Elliot and welcome to SL Forums. You have 2 options:

a) Contact the merchant: Open your Dashboard --> Shopping --> Marketplace --> My Marketplace --> My account --> Order History --> If you see that your last purchases delivered means that the merchant got payed --> Take a copy of your last purchases (there you see the name of the merchant)--> Open your inventory --> create a New Notecard --> Paste there --> send the notecard to the merchant(s) describing what was happened and asking politely for redelivery.

b)Submit  a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ --> Marketplace category --> Failed Marketplace Delivery. Explain analytically what was happened, include the order number and the name of the item that failed to be delivered and wait for a reply.

• Like 2

This is really not unusual. Check your order history - at the top of the marketplace screen, go to "my marketplace - my account," then to "order history" once the new page loads. It will give you your purchase details, including whether or not the items have (supposedly) been delievered according to their system. After two days, most likely it will say they have. File a support ticket (your dashboard - help - contact support - submit a support case form.) The correct category is Marketplace - Failed marketplace delivery. Explain exactly what happened, and support should be able to refund your money or force a redlivery of the purchases. (It may take a while - we all know how SL support can be. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow.)

For future reference, here are some marketplace buying tips:

1) Don't overuse the shopping cart. It's a nifty tool, but although it holds ten items, it gets easily confused if you buy more than one or two at a time.

2) Be inworld when making purchases. Notices and IM's get capped (or, lately, simply don't go through when you're offline), and that includes purchase/delivery messages. If your noticed are capped, you will not recieve your items or have any idea that the system tried to deliver them.

3) Buy inworld if you can. Because the marketplace so often has problems, it's often wise to teleport around inworld to find the items you want. Once you find an item or items you like on the marketplace, you can search for the store inworld (or use the "See this item in Second Life" link often provided) and teleport over to purchase it/them. That way it's much more likely that you will recieve it quickly. (Some marketplace sellers do not have inworld stores, or have price discrepancies between their inworld and marketplace stores. You can still purchase from the marketplace, just use caution.)

Most merchants are used to being contacted with failed marketplace delivery concerns. Most will simply redeliver the item in question. Some will not. You can contact the merchants and let them know what happened, as well.

ETA: If the merchant has not been paid, then the issue rests solely with Linden Labs. Submit a ticket, and wait for a response. This takes a bit of time, so be patient; it may take several days for them to finally read and respond appropriately to the ticket.

OK so you were charged and the merchant didn't get paid. File a ticket and ask the vendor to do the same on his side. That's up to LL to fix this for you both. 2 days is not acceptable for either party. (btw, I would not recommend buying such an expensive item on the MP... better to add it to your favorites and go inworld when you have time to actually buy it)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.