3rd Party Exchange Question about xchange4ls

JoJo Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This morning I cashed out some Lindens through a 3rd party.  I didn't get any confirmation, email or anything. I had not used this exchange before but they seemed liget and have a presense in SL. Now, I have sent them emails and inworld notecards, but nothing. On their website it doesn't show any transaction. Do you think I am worried too soon? Xchange4ls is the company. 

Linden support said they don't get involved, but how can they not if I'm not paid? What is the steps from here, or do I just wait? 

1. Should I have received an email or confirmation #

2. What do I do if I'm not paid and how long to I wait?

3. Have I been scammed? Is this liget?

I know not to do this in the future, but wonder if anyone has had any dealings with this company? It's quite a lot of money so I am worried.

I am still not sure entirely the issue but this merchant has still not paid me. They never sent me a confirmation or order number and I'm starting to worry. They did email me and say they were working on it but "I confused them," by sending emails. However, I did send emails because it takes them 24 hours to respond to any inqueries, and I had no idea they were not prompt. They don't even "know" what I want them to do with the money!!! I followed all their instructions! Sheesh.

I've had better customer service when I've bought a 10 Linden texture.

They couldn't even ID that I'd used their website, but were asking me for ATM SLURL's. They did admit they got the money.  I hope I get paid within the 72 hour "security check" or, hell, I guess I'll call Linden's fraud line. Right now, I can't say that is the case, but I am totally discouraged that I have to wait this long.

The advantage was instant pay, but that is obviously not an advantage now. It's been 3 days.This is my tier money. I so needed it ASAP. But that's not an issue now, because it's been so long. 

Live and learn the hard way. If they resolve this properly I will repost the resolution. I am not sure why they aren't getting this taken care of, I mean, of course we'll  post on forums.

Oh yes, you absolutely have a valid point.  It's important that we all keep an eye on anyone that we might be giving money to.  Especially as the amounts are likely to be significant when buying or selling L$ compared to in-world transactions.  I was just pointing out why people use third-parties that we don't really know anything about.

PS:  LL have (re)moved the list of third-party exchanges, in case anyone hadn't noticed,

Here is what I got. It's all my fault. Okay, fine, but get these people off the grid.

We are sorry to learn of your regrettable financial encounter with another Second Life Resident who runs the third-party exchange. Unfortunately, we are not at liberty to replace your lost Linden Dollars (L$).

Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain or agreement made by the Residents of Second Life. We do not own, operate, or insure any Resident-run enterprise or services. As with any transaction among Residents, Linden Lab has limited responsibility and capacity to resolve disputes. 
While you may have a valid grievance with the owner of the third-party exchange, Linden Lab cannot resolve your dispute. If you decide to take the matter to the Real Life authorities, Linden Lab will be happy to cooperate with your investigations.

We regret this inconvenience and wish you the best in your future inworld endeavors.

Best regards,

Customer Support

Linden Lab

Linden is now going to look into this. At least they should take their bank off the grid. I read another forum member had issues with this company. I will notfiy Paypal, since they claim to use them. Tho, not sure what they can do. In the meantime, maybe (I hope) this was just a werid glitch and I get paid some day.

LL did step up and help me.I did get my money today. I asked for a refund but this exchange didn't oblige that request, and just paid me in USD. Fine. My feeling is banks in SL (even if  they can't regulate) should have some critiera they must follow to do business in Second Life. A confirmation number and response time is a place to start. I would advise anyone using 3rd parties to talk to friends about who they use and go with a recommendation. Or use the Linden Exchange.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.