Questions for sim owners :)

Aiden Rives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems to me that there are so many  people who own sims. Sometimes I wander on to a sim and wonder why the owner made this place when there aren't any people that go there. Anyway, made me think of these questions and since it's hard to find sim owners in world, I'm asking in the forum...

1. How many sim(s) do you own?
  2. What made you decide to buy your first sim?
  3. How long have you owned it/them?
  4. What do you do with your sim(s)/ What are they for?
  5. Do you pay for you sim(s) with RL money or you make enough on SL to pay for you sim(s)?
  6. What are your future plans for your sim(s)?

Include pictures or landmarks if you like to make it interesting.

You spent a lot on it so why not talk a little about it  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Aiden Rives wrote:

5. Do you pay for you sim(s) with RL money or you make enough on SL to pay for you sim(s)?

2.wanted more space, more prims, more power and less neighbours.

3.About 2 years i think.

4.It is a roleplay sim.

5.The sim pays for itself.

6.More historical roleplay sims so I can do more time travel.

slurl below.

Berlin ID pic3.jpg

Aiden Rives wrote:

It seems to me that there are so many  people who own sims. Sometimes I wander on to a sim and wonder why the owner made this place when there aren't any people that go there. Anyway, made me think of these questions and since it's hard to find sim owners in world, I'm asking in the forum...

Include pictures or landmarks
if you like
to make it interesting.

You spent a lot on it so why not talk a little about it  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Former sim owner here, but maybe I'll have interesting thoughts...

1. I originally bought two sims: Old Willowdale, and Willowdale Farms.  I dropped Willowdale Farms after a bit due to open-space/homestead sim changes and limits (it was a homestead).  Currently, the new owner has readded Willowdale Farms as a full sim, and added New Willowdale.

2. I bought these sims because at the time, in 2008, it seemed like practically all of the child avatar community in SL was into headache-inducing bright colors and wild and crazy wacky things and a bit hostile to adult avatars, and I wanted to recreate a more realistic experience of being a child in a town that looked like it was build by adults.

3. I owned the community for 2 years, after which I needed a break from it, and left some close friends and community members in charge.  I came back after the break I needed, and still help out.

4. A town... part residential, part public buildings and activities.  The goal was community-building.

5. I paid for them outright at first, and just told people if they came and actively participated in the town (as opposed to sitting in a house and never leaving) they could live there for free.  After I blew a bit of my savings that way, reluctantly started charging.  Ironically, it seems that selling parcels and charging toward tier has been a huge boost to the community, though I'm not sure I fully understand the reasons why.  It was never self-sufficient with me in charge.  It is now.  I think I just suck at business!

6. My plans are to remain active in the community, help keeping things happening, and be glad that someone else has to deal with paying for it!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.