Arc Faith skins still exist?

Simerion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have a skin created by Arc.Faith, but I can't find a person of that name, no mention in the marketplace and nothing on the forum. It is possible that Arc is short for something but I don't know. Might even be a store name, but again not found. Clicking on the profile bring it up, but it is empty so I suspect they left SL.

I need to get the RGB number on the skin, plus I would like an updated skin by the same maker. I don't know how else to put it, but my skin has a kindness in the face that I have yet to find in another skin.

Anybody ever hear of Arc.Faith or what store/brand he/she made skins for? If not, any idea how to get an RGB #?

Thanks....

Hi Simerion,

I have never heard of the skin you are talking about, but to find the RGB numbers, you can check the show colour under cursor from the menu, depending on which viewer you are using it could be under advanced or develop. A drawback with that is it will change when you move to a more or less shaded part of the skin, but should give you a starting point.

Tay

Simerion wrote:

Hi,

I have a skin created by Arc.Faith, but I can't find a person of that name, no mention in the marketplace and nothing on the forum. It is possible that Arc is short for something but I don't know. Might even be a store name, but again not found. Clicking on the profile bring it up, but it is empty so I suspect they left SL.

I need to get the RGB number on the skin, plus I would like an updated skin by the same maker. I don't know how else to put it, but my skin has a kindness in the face that I have yet to find in another skin.

Anybody ever hear of Arc.Faith or what store/brand he/she made skins for? If not, any idea how to get an RGB #?

Thanks....

if you post a picture we may be able to tell her brand name if she used one just by seeing the skin..

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I did check the profile in the properties, but it is a dead profile. Your suggestion about the color show was genius, thanks....but unfortunately I still have to figure out the web code for those. in the meantime I kind of winged it and got pretty close manually. It's not perfect...but perfection is boring and we wouldn't want anyone thinking this wasn't REAL, would we? A little flaw prevents that I'm sure.... :)

Thanks again!

Do you remember where or how you got the skin? If it was given to you or was in some random freebies it may have been an illegal copy of another skin and Arc Faith is the name of the "copybotter." Illegal copies were a major problem a while ago and there is a fair amount of this content floating around (and to be perfectly clear, I'm not accusing you or anyone you know of doing the copying.) If the skin has a high-quality, detailed look it probably was from one of a handful of designers originally. If the skin allows you to edit it, go into the editor and take a look at the "tattoos." It's usually hard  to see them clearly but you may see a copyright notice and a name on one of them and that will be the original creator. I've been doing a lot of work with skins and I may be able to recognize the maker from the look of the skin if this is the case.

As far as the "kindness", the shape, skin and even the eyebrow shaper (the little file that's listed as the "hair") all work together to make the look of the avatar. My skin is adorable with the shape it came with, which I edited slightly when I got it, but if I wear it with almost any other shape I look like the product of five generations of inbreeding. By carefully editing your shape you may be able to get the look you like with another skin.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.