Second Life Marketplace - managing items, can't get past 'Terms of Service' page...

Chipley Chippewa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I haven't updated my store in quite some time, and as I understand it, @ My Marketplace>Merchant home, there should be a link for me to manage my items. I just added an item to my majik box, and I want to place it at my store, but on the 'Merchant Home' page, it will not let me past the the Terms of Service page even after I accept the terms(multiple times).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is anyone else experiencing it now, or is it just me, as not being able to accept the terms of service is rather frustrating.

thx,

~chipley

Dangst, I've tried to accept the Terms of Service now using IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome and all browsers have the same result of returning you back to the Terms of Service page after accepting the terms. That's slightly annoying. I saw some other posts about the problem as well, so I guess I can take some comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one who is "Accept Terms" handicapped.

~chipleh

Below is the button code on that page, the [Accept] button is posting the action ="/merchant/terms_of_service" along with the value of value="". The value of [value=""] is not being appended to "/merchant/terms_of_service", which means instead of going to action + value, you're getting resent back to 'action', so that's defintiely the problem spot. There's a start to the problem, now who at LL can implement? I'm now wondering if something on the IE settings side needs to be enabled in order to utilize this code. If I find anything, I'll report back. stupid interwebz.

<form method="post" action="/merchant/terms_of_service" class="button-to"><div><input class="button cart-button" style="width:auto;margin-left:20px;padding-left:15px;padding-right:15px;" type="submit" value="Accept" /><input name="authenticity_token" type="hidden" value="HfmRlffk639Jnww0WOV0X1Z--------------------=" /></div></form>

Chipley Chippewa wrote:

A known glitch? Damn, how long has this been a known glitch for?

LOL - that would be a great sig line round here. I may steal it. ;)

Add to "Deleted magic boxes hang around way too long on web DB and SLM still tries to deliver from them and fails", or "Deliveries are consistently delayed by 1-2 hours every morning between 1 and 5 am and have been for ages".

I'd suggest a jira - give them your fix too. Might increase the chances of something being done, but don't hold your breath.

Zanara wrote:

A known glitch? Damn, how long has this been a known glitch for?

LOL - that would be a great sig line round here. I may steal it. **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" />

---

Lol! Feel free to steal away... this issue/error/"feature" just reminds me why  I got away from SL in the first place, and now that I have some meshy goodness to unleash on SL, there's no way to do it. Ah well, f#ck it.

What's funny to me about this issue is that LL actually makes money when you make a transaction, so them not fixing this bug is resulting in lost revenue for them... that's the lol-ness - you'd think they'd want to be making money. bizarro.

• Resident

Hello Chipley,

This is an issue that was reported within the past week and is a bug affecting users who had content for sale on the old Xstreet SL web site but didn't create a store when the Second Life Marketplace went live on 6 October 2010.

When those users attempt to create a store now they the web site continues to show the Terms of Service page.

We are actively working to locate the cause of this bug and to fix this issue.

Since no Public Jira Ticket had been created prior to today, we have created one to allow users to Watch the Jira,  notify the Dev Team if their account is one affected, and to receive and be notified of updates to the progress regarding a solution and fix for this issue.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4311

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.