Craft Beer and Homebrewing

Jonathan VonLenard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do you love beer?  Great most of the world does, but let's refine that a bit, do you love Craft beer?  Do you crave the newest release, do you support your local breweries?   Or like me are you a Homebrewer, not satisfied with what other people think you'd like, you make your own beer so you make what YOU like!

Well that's me, I love craft beer, the community, the creativity and I love brewing my own beer.  i've found a few groups in SL that seem to be geared towards this but haven't seen that many people online in them, I'm not sure if they are even active after IM'ing the founders.  So I am here on the forums looking for people like me.  I am Eastern US so timezones of course will come into play, but if you have similar interests as I do, find me online and let's chat.

i have some ideas for a group/groups, place, evvents, etc... But first I need to find some people who just love beer as much as I do  So come help this old beta tester get back into SL and let's have some beer! PROST!

I love craft beer (we tend to call it real ale here in the UK and the two terms don't quite overlap but mostly its the same thing).

What I would love to find in SL is a pub-type atmosphere, where people drop in at any time (no set event times) and actually sit and chat, as opposed to dancing, "best in" events and pages of gestures scrolling up my screen. If you know of something like that, or can make one, I'll be there.

/me is a signed up member of CAMRA

Someone is reading my mind again! I turned my computer on a couple hours ago with the purpose of researching home brewed beer ... That's going to be my next project for the new year. I've made 'jail house' wine for fun.. just to see if I could do it. Beer is next on the list.. hmmmm... I've always wanted to make honey meade too. I'll put that on my to do list too!

Jonathan VonLenard wrote:

Real ale is good, typically it stands for cask ale here in America, similar in the UK? 

Yes, real ale is always cask. Officially, ale is brewed without hops and beer is brewed with (but you probably knew that already) but both tend to get called "real ale" here, if they're cask and from a traditional brewery.

I loooooove microbrews.  Took a trip to Burlington Vermont and toured the pubs and breweries there.  There's some wonderful stuff there :3  Had over 30 different beers in one weekend.  In fact, I'm drinking a rye lager right now  xD.   I'm looking to get into home brewing but schotol eats so much time right now. :P

Ok so I've set up a new group.  "Homebrewers of Second Life"  I'm working on typing up some classes to teach homebrewing and have other events and things planned.   Still gotta build the location and buy the land but things are moving along.  Join the group and I'll keep you up to date and you'll be ready when it's all ready to go!

Jonathan VonLenard wrote:

Ok so I've set up a new group.  "Homebrewers of Second Life"  I'm working on typing up some classes to teach homebrewing and have other events and things planned.   Still gotta build the location and buy the land but things are moving along.  Join the group and I'll keep you up to date and you'll be ready when it's all ready to go!

Thank you Jonathan!  I received your group invite, and as soon as I get home I get home from work I will join!  Looking forward to attending your classes!  Far out!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.