V3: can't edit or remove Picks

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has probably been mentioned before, and I don't know if LL monitors this Viewer forum for feedback, which they should whether they post in it or not, but I'll post it anyway.

With the V3 viewer, it isn't possible to edit or remove a profile Pick. The Picks page contains the hyperlinked word "Edit", which is supposed to fetch another (edit) page when clicked, but it doesn't do anything. It's probable that the means of removing a Pick is lurking in that Edit page but, until the edit page is returned, it isn't possible to remove or edit a Pick.

Just in case LL do monitor this sub-forum. The V3 is almost excellent. If they'd it out instead of that ridiculous V2, most people would have praised it. But they still haven't changed the camera controls to something sensible, so they are still unusable to the many people who have cam controls on-screen at all times, and use them a lot. There is no reason for the cam controls to use so much screen space and to not become semi-transparent when they don't have the focus. They need to be much smaller, and they need to become semi-transparent when they don't have the focus. But, all-in-all, LL is back on track with viewers.

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Hello Phil.  You do that with the Picks button. If you don't see the button, right click on a toolbar --> Toolbar buttons --> the customize toolbars window opens --> find the button and drag it out on a toolbar. After, clicking it you can add, edit or delete picks.

Oh well, I was able to do something with the profile picks.  I just right clicked the toolbar and the edit or add seemed to work as options to do so appeared once the profile WAS open to picks and the toolbar was right clicked.  I couldn't repeat the exact steps though as I was just clicking away at stuff. 

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Hello Phil.  You do that with the Picks button. If you don't see the button, right click on a toolbar --> Toolbar buttons --> the customize toolbars window opens --> find the button and drag it out on a toolbar. After, clicking it you can add, edit or delete picks.

This is also how you have to edit and create classifieds, via the picks button dragged onto your toolbar.

Mayalily wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

This came up over in Answers...maybe it will help
:)

I have an older V3 and have the same problem.

Click on what toolbar? as answered in the answers section?  (It just says right click "on a tool bar"... what toolbar though?)

Any of the toolbars (left, right, bottom) where you have buttons.

"Click on a toolbar" isn't accurate though. It should be "Right click on a toolbar button and select Toolbar buttons... Then drag the Picks button onto one of those three toolbar areas.

• 1 year later...

You can edit and delete picks in V3, Its jsut buried deep.

Go to the Picks tab.

Click on one of your picks.

Click the Edit button on the upper right.

A Edit pick box opens.

Click the back arrow. It rakes you to a selection of your picks.

Bottom left corner ... +  to add.

Bottom right Trash can to delete.

Took me a few days to find this lol.

SirRobert Baxton wrote:

You can edit and delete picks in V3, Its jsut buried deep.

Go to the Picks tab.

Click on one of your picks.

Click the Edit button on the upper right.

A Edit pick box opens.

Click the back arrow. It rakes you to a selection of your picks.

Bottom left corner ... +  to add.

Bottom right Trash can to delete.

Took me a few days to find this lol.

You do realize that this thread is over a year old and refers to a deprecated viewer?

The post date is right under where it says "reply to"

Thank heaven for ketchup.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.