Copied in less than a week?

Usive

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I made the following product.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kywazi-Model-PowerBook-Laptop-Computer-V11-Boxed/2943043

Then less than a week later I find a notecard advertising a nearly identical product in little blue... I'm not sure if this is just coincidence because they failed to copy the desktop function as effectively... However otherwise it is an exact duplicate... I don't really care either way, but I was just curriouse how often this kind of thing occurs?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. I have posted so many topics on the product because: I HAVE NO OTHER PRODUCT, and want to get the TM stuff OK with the 1st one before I add others

2. I did not use the logo, if you pay attention, it looks similat, but the colors are different : p

3. I did not make or market the Dell Laptop body, someone else on the market did, and has been for a long time... I also got rid of any  part of the add showing or mentioning the Dell logo, so you are obviousely brining up previousely dealt with issues... Please look at the UPDATED link in THIS forum thread befor commenting.

3 answers to this question

It happens both in SL and RL.  Ideas in an of themselves can not be copyrighted. File a DMCA if you think its an illegal copy of your work. However if they just used the idea and wrote original scripts and created original textures then you won' t be successful.

BTW,  after looking at your product, I have to ask: do you have a license for using the RL trademarks and images your using?  If you don't, its against TOS and the MP Guidelines, to say nothing of a violation of the DMCA too. Not picking at you, but you may want to change that if your not legally licensed to use them, for your own protection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.