Best selling objects - buys and views

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the report 'best selling products' now you can easily compare the views and the buys of your products.

So I can see my best selling object is sold about 17% of the times it is viewed.
In general the best selling objects on page 1 are sold about 10% of the times they are viewed.
My worst selling objects are sold about 1% of the time they are viewed.
I did not look at demo products, I don't consider them as a sale.

I'm interested to see how the figures of other merchants are. How do your best selling objects compared to views?

I don't think about it that much.

The way I think about it is that if something isn't selling, that's either because it's not being viewed or for some other reason.

If it's not being viewed, I focus on getting it viewed.

If it's being viewed, I focus on what people are seeing when they view it.

lol i was going to say the same thing.  Those lame limited non-resetting counters have been there since the new MP replaced xstreet.  In fact LL Commerce gutted the xstreet reports and gave us these two crappy reports.

The counts on all your items have been counting from zero since the summer of 2010 so even if you compare views to sales (which I did in the fall of 2010 to see the view/sale ratio), the counts are of such a huge period that the averaged stats are pretty much meaningless to look at.

If your top selling item has a count of 400 (about what mine has) and it has 250,000 views (about what mine has), what does the ratio really mean?  the view count could have had a huge december 2010 spike that disappeared because of an advertising campaign or you changed pricing or new competition etc.  Since the count that LL gives you is from inception of MP, the counts are equivelent to a US National Debt Counter - Neat trivia but pretty much useless for any business decisions.

I still shake my head that in LL Commerce's attempt to provide us a better marketplace to replace xstreet, they offer us these utterly useless reports to replace the xstreet reports that at least had SOME value (not much).

Old useless reports Made.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.