New Computer its worth with budget only 450 Euro?

Holger Gilruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My computer now is: ATI HD4850, 2GB Ram, X2 Dualcore 2,7 GHZ Win7 64 Bit

The problem i have is of course the performance of the graphic card and video driver failures that SL crash with every V2 Viwer after 2-20 Minutes even in the sky.

So my question is, do i get better with only 450 Euro for a new computer or do you suggest to wait until more money is available.

2 answers to this question

That's a very difficult one to answer, Holger.  If it were me, I would probably wait, because I know that buying a faster computer with lots of memory and a top of the line graphics card will cost more money than I have in my pocket today.  I'm patient enough to use what I have until I have saved up enough to get the "ideal" system, and I know what I can tolerate in the meantime.  If I had enough annoying performance issues, though, I'd start to lose my patience.  I don't know how patient a man you are, but it sounds as if you are getting anxious. 

I also don't know what quality you can buy with 450 Euros, but I suspect that it's enough to get a good system for SL.  I know I can get a decent computer for the equivalent sum in USD, especially if I assemble the components myself (or get a talented friend to do it).  Only you can decide whether to get a good computer that helps you enjoy SL more now, however, or wait for a great computer that makes you smile more later.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.