Griefing ambush

Mambo Humby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While exploring the area around Aryal sim, I was the object of passive griefing, I guess I'd call it. The sim is all water protected land and there's an object on the sea bottom that starts a particle/follow attack. It's the one with the notices in French. It only appears to be initiated by proximity. It's not a big deal unless you like to sail on pristine waters and enjoy the open ocean of SL. Is there an estate manager to whom this can be reported or is the abuse report way to do it?

When this happens hit the About Land icon - The one that looks like a cartoon spech box with 3 lines. For me its on the left button row, but that might not be its default location.

It's also under:

World --> Place Profile --> About Land.

If the 'Estate' in the Covenant  tab says mainland, select the spamming object and file an Abuse Report.

If not, leave the sim, you're out of luck - tell the owner of the sim if you want, but they're probably the ones who put it there.

From the map, Aryal looks to be mainland, so the Abuse Report route is the choice for this case.

It might be on a small parcel owned by a resident. If so, you could try to notify that resident to set their land so it will return foreign objects. The land owner or group will be listed on the land's first panel. Right click the ground, and you will see it. Or click the name of the land on top of your screen. The group owner will be listed in bold print in the group tab, if you click the land then click group name. If it's owned by a single resident, then you can click their profile from the land tab to contact them.

That might be faster than an AR in getting rid of the item, though you can do both.

• 1 year later...

Phil Deakins wrote:

If you aren't bothered about other people on your land seeing them, you can turn particles off by setting them to zero in your prefs. Then you won't see them.

Thats the problem. Its on a parcel we rent out skyboxes in.  Ah well lets see how many weeks Linden needs to go after the Abuse report...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.