Research Questionnaire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Professor.  I strongly encourage all participants of Second Life to make use of whatever virtual  psychological services they can sign up for  regardless of how specious, as you well know.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your research project/survey. 

As soon as I untie my accountant, he will contact you to let you know where to forward the 100,000 lindens I understand you will be paying me for my participation. He's been a naughty boy.

1) Did your Mummy love you?

Well, she was looking at herself in the mirror when she said it, but I think she meant me.

2) Did  your Mummy spank you?

Boy did she.  And she'd do it again if she could catch me.

3) Did  your Mummy tell you that your dingle-dongle would drop off if you played with it?

I was under the impression it was supposed to drop off.  

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nacy Nightfire wrote:

Hello Professor.  I strongly encourage all participants of Second Life to make use of whatever virtual  psychological services they can sign up for  regardless of how specious, as you well know.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your research project/survey. 

As soon as I untie my accountant, he will contact you to let you know where to forward the 100,000 lindens I understand you will be paying me for my participation. He's been a naughty boy.

1) Did your Mummy love you?

Well, she was looking at herself in the mirror when she said it, but I think she meant me.

2) Did  your Mummy spank you?

Boy did she.  And she'd do it again if she could catch me.

3) Did  your Mummy tell you that your dingle-dongle would drop off if you played with it?

I was under the impression it was supposed to drop off.  

Indeed, Nacy. Why allow such a minor detail like being unable to verify whether a digital therapist is indeed a qualified therapist or is actually a patient being allowed his one-hour daily online time at the psychiatric clinic where he is being held after impersonating members of the medical profession throughout his distinguished career. Let’s face it – if he got away with it for a few years, he’s probably picked up a thing or two along the way.

Thank your for filling in the questionnaire. Regarding payment – I have already made out a cheque (Porky’s Pixel Piggy-Bank – Your On-line Banking Institute) for the sum agreed upon. It’s in the post. Postman Pat will probably deliver it within the next day or two.

Dear Dr Spankmaster,

I am delighted to inform you that research for my Masters thesis is almost concluded. You were right – SL was the perfect place to study odd-bods. You can’t turn for tripping over them.

I am looking forward to completing my degree earlier than expected – it looks like it will be completed in a week, rather than the standard fortnight of your Masters courses.

Regards,

Carole Franizzi

PS Before I forget – I joined the dots of the Bachelor’s degree I received from you last week, but when I coloured it in I went outside the lines with my chubby wax crayons. Do you think I could have another copy please?  

Research findings so far:

A prevalence of emotionally detached maternal figures in the completed questionnaires cannot be considered an insignificant factor. Furthermore, one cannot ignore the fact that several subjects possess partially-repressed and therefore confused memories of their mothers’ own toy dingle-dongle collections and use thereof. The direct resultant effect of such trauma can be observed in the life-styles and activities the affected subjects have pursued in SL (I checked their profiles and…OMG! WEEEEEEIRDOS!). 

Carole Franizzi wrote:

A prevalence of emotionally detached maternal figures in the completed questionnaires cannot be considered an insignificant factor.
Furthermore, one cannot ignore the fact that several subjects possess partially-repressed and therefore confused memories of their mothers’ own toy dingle-dongle collections and use thereof
. The direct resultant effect of such trauma can be observed in the life-styles and activities the affected subjects have pursued in SL (I checked their profiles and…OMG! WEEEEEEIRDOS!). 

My Mum had no such things!

Are you accusing my mother of being some kind of prevert? 

You'll be hearing from my Attorneys!!!

Carole Franizzi wrote:

A prevalence of emotionally detached maternal figures in the completed questionnaires cannot be considered an insignificant factor. Furthermore, one cannot ignore the fact that several subjects possess partially-repressed and therefore confused memories of their mothers’ own toy dingle-dongle collections and use thereof. The direct resultant effect of such trauma can be observed in the life-styles and activities the affected subjects have pursued in SL (I checked their profiles and…OMG! WEEEEEEIRDOS!). 

I take no responsibility for the earlier posts under *my* name.  My alt got hold of my account and sought to damage my unsullied reputation.  I was raised in a very healthy environment. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

thera 1.jpg

Slaps a new sign on my store front, eagerly awaiting new customers.

/walks in seeking an appointment.

Mr. Clarence: Hello I have some issues with phone sex.   I am addicted.

Mr. Juran: Step over here Mr. Clarence, can I interest you in a pre-paid phone with free minutes?  Or a Nextel?

Mr. Clarence: I'll take both.  

Mr. Juran: Another satisfied customer.   

Storm Clarence wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Mr. Juran: Step over here Mr. Clarence, can I interest you in a pre-paid phone with free minutes?  Or a Nextel?

And for the ladies we have these new phones.

Void Singer wrote:

hah, you should see what I don't put in my profile.... oh wait... most of that would be against ToS =D

PS

Therapist is not a regulated term, so there are no qualifications

Oh yes it is! (Oh, no it's not!) We're talking psycho-therapist here (the "psycho" bit was give as understood) and here in the UK to be one, it takes about 9 years, all told, which includes registration in the Brtitish Board of Whatsits (only they don't call it exactly that).

Interesting fact - the term "psycho" derives from the film of the same name by Hitchcock. Freud was a great fan of Alfred Hitchcock and he found the character played by Anthony Perkins of immense interest - the archetypal mummy-hating maniac, although the shower scene caused him to have nightmares about his mummy for weeks. Inspired by this character, and decidedly concerned by the fact he was now himself haunted by dreams of stabbing his own mummy, Freud decided to invent a science to treat such sufferers and called it PSYCHOlogy in honour of the great film-maker. Well, he tried to treat sufferers, but he discovered that if you're nuts, you're nuts. However, he found out that people found it immensely therapeutic to be asked their opinion and initiated the habit of asking "And how do you feel?" and charging £100 a go for doing so.

Not a lot of people know that....

Disclaimer: The above opinion does not reflect the immense respect of Carole's operator for the noble and, at times, magical science that is psychology, but she has to let Carole have her little jokes.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

A prevalence of emotionally detached maternal figures in the completed questionnaires cannot be considered an insignificant factor.
Furthermore, one cannot ignore the fact that several subjects possess partially-repressed and therefore confused memories of their mothers’ own toy dingle-dongle collections and use thereof
. The direct resultant effect of such trauma can be observed in the life-styles and activities the affected subjects have pursued in SL (I checked their profiles and…OMG! WEEEEEEIRDOS!). 

Are you accusing my mother of being some kind of
prevert

At last! A Freudian lapsus to get my teeth into!!

Let's see...."pre" as in before, prior to....."vert" as in...erm....the acronym for Very Egocentric Repressed.....uhm...."t"??....

OH!!!!! T-girl!!!! Transexual! There we go - Before she was a Very Egocentric Repressed Transexual!

So, Perrie, how long have you believed that your mother used to be a man?

Venus Petrov wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

I take no responsibility for the earlier posts under *my* name.  My alt got hold of my account and sought to damage my unsullied reputation.  I was raised in a very healthy environment. 

(Yeah,, yeah. Heard that one before a million times...)

Tell me, Venus, why do you feel your alt wishes to damage your reputation?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'll take two.

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Are you accusing my mother of being some kind of
prevert

At last! A Freudian lapsus to get my teeth into!!

Let's see...."pre" as in before, prior to....."vert" as in...erm....the acronym for Very Egocentric Repressed.....uhm...."t"??....

OH!!!!! T-girl!!!! Transexual! There we go -
Before she was a Very Egocentric Repressed Transexual!

So, Perrie, how long have you believed that your mother used to be a man?

My Mother WAS NOT a thespian!  How dare you insinuate something like that?

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

(Yeah,, yeah. Heard that one before a million times...)

Tell me, Venus, why do
you
feel your alt wishes to damage your reputation?

She was never number one in mum's eyes.  Jealousy.  Pure and simple.

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'll take two.

By appointment only.  If you can't come, call.  

br549.jpg

Storm Clarence wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Slaps a new sign on my store front, eagerly awaiting new customers

By appointment only.  If you can't come, call.  

Our lines are manned 24 hours a day by REAL men!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.