"unable to connect to a simulator" , huh ?

Ronda Saunders

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Ronda. We had issues in world earlier for hardware maintenance and maybe your problem was relative. Please see: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ If so, normally it has been resolved now and i guess you can log in. If not, the problem is relative with invalid characters in your group tag. Do you remember which group tag (group title) you wear? Maybe a group you joined recently? In any case, you will fix your profile if you remove or change your group tag. So, log in with your alt and try to find the owner of the group or a manager, explain who are you and ask them to eject you of the group (your main account). If you are the owner of the group, log in again with an alt and try if it is possible to change the group title. If you can't, ask all your friends to delete your group. When all leave in 48 hours your group will stop to exist, so you will fix your problem. That's what you have to do if you are a Basic Member. On the other side, if you are a Premium Member, use the Live Chat to fix your problem quickly: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ You will find the option on the right. Good luck.

Hi Holly

The group I'm having trouble with is my own group and I'd created a new tag with little flowers in it  . .but the end flower was automatically replaced with a question mark .

. .so yes , if you're having the same problem as me then your group tag could be the problem and you need to contact the owner of the group and ask to have your tag changed . . . or get yourself kicked out of the group a.s.a.p . . . and request a different tag before you re join . .

• 3 weeks later...

same problem here :(

BUT i can´t leave the group, cause we are two owners and she can´t log in also.

so that "all of your members should leave the groubwithin 48 hours" won´t work here..

we tried to open a ticket, but we don´t know which reason we shall choose, there is none for that reason -,-

some ideas? or is there a admin who could delete the group, or the title for the owners? cause THAT title was the one with the ? in it. the group name is  :-*** <3 CRAZY 4 U <3 :-***

that would be awesome, cause we don´t know what to do... :(

When submitting a ticket, choose the one that most closely represents the issue you are having. There isn't an exact one for group tag issues, but there are Account Issues, Viewer Log In Issue, you may want to try that. You could even try Technical Questions, Group Issues. Whatever sounds the closest to your issue should work.

As a reminder, if you or your co owner are premium, you could try live chat.

Also, in the meantime, you could try opening up your viewers log in page, and at the top left, go to Me > Preferences > and uncheck the group titles box. I don't know if that helps or not, but it's worth a try I suppose. Let us know. 

i´ve tried that uncheck the group title thing before posting that thread.

i tried many things... :( cause i heard linden labs won´t answer such "unimportand" tickets. that´s the reason why i try it this way, cause i have read that a admin called maestro linden has helped a girl so she could log in again.

i am from germany and my co-owner too, so it is VERY expensive to call the helpline... it´s SO frustrating...

and i forgotton to say that the land we rented is owned by that group -,-

so.. what will happen to the land when the group is deleted?

Evangelina Beaumont wrote:

i´ve tried that uncheck the group title thing before posting that thread.

i tried many things...
:(
cause i heard linden labs won´t answer such "unimportand" tickets. that´s the reason why i try it this way, cause i have read that a admin called maestro linden has helped a girl so she could log in again.

i am from germany and my co-owner too, so it is VERY expensive to call the helpline... it´s SO frustrating...

and i forgotton to say that the land we rented is owned by that group -,-

so.. what will happen to the land when the group is deleted?

Oh :( 

Here is Maestro's profile page, maybe try sending him a private message.

https://my.secondlife.com/maestro.linden/#about_tab

and here is his forums page, you could try that too

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/152106

Hi, Anna. Not being able to log in can be caused by several different reasons. One of the first things you can try, is logging in to a different region. On the log in screen, next to log in, you might have a Start At window. If you don't, go to Me > Preferences > General > Start Location and check the box that says Show On Login. Now you should have a window that says Start At. Type in Smith and try logging in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.