How does one remove a follower from your profile?

Leah Shim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the subject line asks...  How doe one remove a follower from your profile?  I had it turned on for a little bit on my web profile, and some random noob is now 'following me'.

I have since turned off the ablility to post and such to my profile... but this guy is still in my 'followers' list.... Can this dude still 'follow' me?  Its kinda creeping me out.

"Following" is not exactly like "stalking," although I, too, find it annoying.  It's a feature of the facebooky style of the new web profiles.  As far as I know, there's no way to prevent people from following what is on your profile, but you can make it extremely dull for anyone who wants to.  Just make all of your Privacy settings as restrictive as possible.  Don't let anyone see or post to your feed, and restrict access for the other parts of your profile to "Friends" only. 

• 2 weeks later...

They are not following in the sense of walking around SL, tracking every move you make.  They can't do that.  They can't tell where you are at all, and you can't tell if they are nearby (well, you can if they are in the same sim and you look at your minimap or your Phoenix radar, but that's different). That message just means that they are reading the things that are posted to your profile.  It's that dumb, facebooky option.  Open your profile at my.secondlife.com and click the People tab.  You'll see who is "following" your profile.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it VERY annoying with Followers even though I've set all the Privacy setting to Friends. I have 2 former friends that started to Follow me when our friendship ended. I don't want them as friends, why would I want them to Follow me?! To me it feels like stalking, even though they can't see anything, but I see them in my Web Profile. There should be a way to remove Followers!!!

• 1 year later...

When I logged into the forums, which I usually don't do. I noticed that the topic was a sticky, which made me wonder why and therefore I made the post you're referring to. Later on I discovered that I was subscribibg to the topic, so I deleted it and the post didn't appear as sticky to me.

And please don't waste your "smartass" energy to comment my typos :matte-motes-yawn:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.