Web Profiles & Unwanted Followers

Voff Uggla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I find it VERY annoying with Followers even though I've set all the Privacy settings to Friends. I have 2 former friends that started to Follow me when our friendship ended. I don't want them as friends, why would I want them to Follow me?! To me it feels like stalking, even though they can't see anything, but I see them in my Web Profile. There should be a way to remove Followers/Stalkers!!!

Voff Uggla wrote:

I find it VERY annoying with Followers even though I've set all the Privacy setting to Friends. I have 2 former friends that started to Follow me when our friendship ended. I don't want them as friends, why would I want them to Follow me?! To me it feels like stalking, even though they can't see anything, but I see them in my Web Profile. There should be a way to remove Followers/Stalkers!!!

Check out my blog post about this:

It is probably a bug and not so much your former friends that actually started following you by clicking a button, I have had the same when cleaning up my friendslist - 6 ppl I removed immediately appeared on my 'followers'list. They are probably unaware of that themselves.

More ppl have reported this in several feedback posts, so I hope this gets solved soon! It's a bit odd indeed!

Oh really, well that's a bad bug, I had no idea that was the case. Hopefully they fix the bug as soon as possible. Thanks for the answer. In a way I do like the Web Profiles, easier to read than in-world... but having former friends become Followers = Big NO. And howcome in my web profile, it says I'm not Following anyone, and I'm not.....?! This "bug" can cause a lot of unnecessary drama, some ex friends are removed cause you don't consider them as friends anymore and then seeing them as Followers is very annoying.

• 1 year later...

Voff Uggla wrote:

You were right, it was a bug, and it was fixed long time ago.

You mean, like before 12-11-2011 - almost two years ago - when this thread was last live?

Let's be generous and assume that you have been hibernating for an extended time.

Or that maybe you are an AIbot.

AI standing for Artificial Idiocy.

Rather than that you are either incompetent or deperate for any sort of attention.

When I logged into the forums, which I usually don't do. I noticed that the topic was a sticky, which made me wonder why and therefore I made the post you're referring to. Later on I discovered that I was subscribibg to the topic, so I deleted it and the post didn't appear as sticky to me.

And please don't waste your "smartass" energy to comment my typos :matte-motes-yawn:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.