Item pulled because it was flagged for improper listing

sunshine Juneberry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

this was a message i got about Jacket i had just listed on Marketplace. Then there was link to listing guidelines. I looked at the link but i still have no clue why my item was pulled or why it was flagged.

Its a fur collar jacket and outfit, complete with shoes and purse.

I listed it unber Apparel/ womens/ womens outerwear

I wish they could elaborate on EXACTLY what i did wrong and caused them to pull my item, because i just relisted it, and i cant think of how else it would be listed....Its a jacket....its a womens jacket...its listed in womens outerwear....what is improper???

No matter how meticulous and contentious a person is with their listings, carefully selecting the correct category and placing only relevant keywords etc  - a frustrated bad mooded LL marketplace team reviewer can always find a reason for delisting it if they wish. Sometimes for the most pathetic petty reasons based on biased subjective evalutions.

A bit like a  policeman who pulls you over on the highway can always find something wrong with your car if he wants.

For sure the auto reason you will be given is that it was  misplaced in the correct category but not quite as correct as the category they  would prefer you to put it in but refuse tell you at the time of delisting.

It's  all to do with to the 'known unknowns' I blame Donald Rumsfeld for setting the trend.

^L^

I've had many an item removed - direct by the review team that were not flagged - interestingly  it has usually coincided with forum posts that I have made that are not particularly complimentary of the commerce team.

But that could just be my own paranoid suspicions :-)

^L^

>But that could just be my own paranoid suspicions

Not just yours.

How many forum posts have you had deleted this week without any explanation?

They've at least become smart enough not to warn me about anything when they do it now.

Probably because they know I'll post both the warning and the deleted message in another place where they can't touch it but Google will pick it up and everyone can then judge for themselves whether the warning and the deleted matter really have anything to do with each other.

Ann Otoole wrote:

Maybe because it is a complete outfit and there is a women's outfits category? Happened to me once too.

That could be why. But really it's the jacket i'm selling. The outfit just kinda compliments the jacket and is kinda thrown in for free.

I can see their need to monitor a bit and make sure people don't abuse the search by word spamming in their description, but i should be able to catagorize and market my jacket & outfit as i see fit, and marketing it in the womens outerwear seems appropriate for me since really its the jacket that i want to be seen, and sold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.