Working with camera (stopmotion)

Electronic Mode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an idea to make a stopmotion style effect. Lets say its the sculpted noob avatar walking. To do it i must edit the prims each frame. Its would be ok to do with some help, but i want to do it by myself so i get what i want. Issue i am having is how to move back to original shooting position. Yes its posssible to every time move your camera back where it should be, i repeat should, you never get it exact. Just wondering is there anyway to do it so that it seems camera is still

• Like 1

The down and dirty way to do this would be to use prims to mark the corners of your view, it won't be truly exact but close enough especailly if you dont orbit the camera while you are making changes between frames.

Excuse the shameless plug but you could buy my TV Studio Camera HUD this will save your exact camera position, and you can dump it out to a note so you can come back to it later if you need to.  

• Like 1

The BijoCam system will do the job too. It lets you rez physical cameras to whatever position you want. It has some other great features too like the ability to set up trigger fields that will swap the view to another cam which is super handy for action scenes. I hope this helps.

Great flickr photostream btw. You take some really nice shots.

• Like 1

Yes the best way I know to do, as far as I recommend for this kinda techinique is the use of Camera HUDs (they save your camera position) very important to do a sequece of stop motion. I could give you good results, but I am thinking how much work you will have just to do some seconds (remember that many photos you do, much more flow you will have). How many FPS are you thinking to do? best might be something closer to 14 Frames per second.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.