I am getting script errors on a phantom prim script meant for sculpts. How do i fix the error

TishaRogue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The script I have is supposed to work for sculpts. I followed instructions adding the UUID of the map into the script where the instructions said making sure to keep the syntax. The script saves but then I get the script error message. 

"Set Primitive params error running rule#3 (Prim_Type_Box) :arg#2(type)integer expected but vector given.... i tried changing box to sculpt to see what happens and the new error message was....

Set Primitive Params error running rule#1 (Prim_type_Sculpt) arg1 (texture) string or key expected but integer given... not much different.. the item is acting phantom but having a script error come up makes the product unprofesional. 

I'm not a scriptor, I only manage to use most scripts by following the instructions. I got the UUID by right click the map in inventory and copy asset UUID then ctrl V in the proper place in the script then saved the changes. I have made sure the sculpt parts of the build are not the root or parent prim.

I have played around with the different parts of the script hoping to come accross the fix but no luck. Hopefully one of you that know more about scripts might have the answer.

I tried to respond to the answers but this is the only way i saw.... I will try the forum as suggested but I dont think i can post the script itself without getting into trouble with TOS. and the other suggestion about teh quote marks that is the syntax i was careful not to change the paste was inside the quotes already provided in the script thanks.

2 answers to this question

It's probably not hard to fix.  The trrick is that a UUID is treated as if it were a string variable in LSL.  That means that when you cut & paste it into the script the way you did, it has to be in quotes.

So, it should look like this ....   "a822ff2b-ff02-461d-b45d-dcd10a2de0c2" , not like this ....a822ff2b-ff02-461d-b45d-dcd10a2de0c2 .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4559 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.