PLZ Help! Good PC but extreme low Framerate

Uchea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

I can play almost all actual PC Games in high quality settings and have good/acceptable framerates. The specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II Quadcore (Don't know exact type, i'm at work. But it's a faster one)

Graphic: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1024 MB

Board: MSI 870A-G54, Sockel AM3, ATX, PCIe, 4 GB RAM

Internet: 1024 kbit / 194 kbit (not more mossible in the flat/house)

I bought all the Components this year and they work fine. Except for SL.

The system reaches only 5 FPS !!! It's understandable that downloading a region takes his time (but statistic of SL says, that download speed ist only about 120 kbps, 1000 should be possible at 1024 kbit downloadrate ?!?). I use the high Graphic settings. If you use the low one, FPS will go up to 10 to 15 but looks not as good.

Where's the problem? Any idea? Please help! I like SL but the low FPS is a problem.

Uchea

From what I know, Its becouse the Viewers' arn't codeded to acutally USE the full ability of a computer. So no matter how good or crappy your system is, You still might not get the results you want. Its a grab bag.

Untill they actually starte codeing it like a video game instead how they have been, Bad Frame rate will be your bane I'm afraid.

This is just my experiance in this matter. Somebody else might have a way for you to get better Frame, but ATM only way is to take the crappy graphics.

Even if it is not coded as a video game it shoudln't be that low fps, it's incredibily low, and for thoes specs.... i have slightly lowers specs then you and i get 90-100 FPS in free sims with High Graphics and 20-30 in crowded places like Clubs, i really dont know why it's that low and yeah i bet it's frustrating

Matty Luminos wrote:

I've read a lot about people with newer nVidea-based graphics cards having issues with the newer drivers. can you switch to an older driver? I'm sure someone here will know what the best driver is.

I have Geforce GTX 560 Ti grahics card. I'm using driver version 266.44. This combination works very well. I haven't had the courage to try the newest drivers as many seem to have problems with them.

I have had the same problem and i have been using SL on the same pc for about 3 years with no issues this bad. Since the viewer 2 update that changed the UI the viewer program itself sometimes runs at about 1 fps. I close and restart it about 3 or 4 times and then boom it suddenly starts working at 60fps. To test it i used an alt on pheonix at exactly the same time and it was full 60fps but viewer 2 was completely broken its very odd i check on task manager and its using no extra ram. Its definately not the internet as the menus in the UI also bog down as does the minimize button etc. Also it only seems to break at the same kind of time at about 4am GMT to maybe 8am GMT (im in Singapore so its +8 GMT).

Specs:

Vista, up to date

2.40GHZ Intel cor 2 Quad

Ram 4gig

geforce 9600 gso

All drivers are updated frequently as i use it for CAD so they have to be, this pc has had no hardware changes in a few years so its nothing hardware related it run Alias Autocad just fine and thats stupidly graphics heavy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.