Answers Forum is a Gold Mine!

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much rather see the occasional outright abuse (and I personally don't recall Celestiall ever being particularly abusive to anyone, but I also don't stalk people on these forums) than the behavior displayed by some posters that is caused by what one can only surmise is extreme butthurt over something that nobody else has a clue about (ETA: other than people in the Commerce Forum trying to ignore them).

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

Reinstating someone who has been particularly abusive to the posters here....no, don't think that helps the "community", but there are many different kinds of communities within SL.  I'm sure that type of behavior has it's own community
:)

Thank you for the business advice!  Take care.

Well, Mickey..I don't know who you're talking about.  Now, *I* was reinstated here.  But, since I don't abuse other posters here in the forums...you can't be talking about me. 

I received a sincere apology from a forum supervisor telling me that there had indeed been a mistake, and a miscommunication, that resulted in me being banned here on the SL forums.  

At no time was there any mention of me actually doing anything to warrant a bann.  I'll be happy to post the lovely email reinstating me and the sincere apology message, which I received from Linden Lab, on an outside (not here) place on the web if you're interested in seeing it. 

The only community that I'm a member of here is Second Life.  Feel free to look at the groups I belong to inworld, many are open for anyone to join...and are full of interesting science and community minded people.  

Also, you're welcome for the business advice...it's the least I could do for someone who is an intrepid entrepreneur.  : )

I hear ya on that butthurt and stalking thing, Griffin - that's just bizarre.

Other day, someone showed up on twitter referring to that freaky club of people - I think they are a fan club of mine or something, can't really figure it out, just strange - so I'm thinking, gosh, where did that dude come from?  musta been butthurt or something.  But to follow to another web site - then follow and watch on twitter.....Creepy!

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

I'd much rather see the occasional outright abuse (and I personally don't recall Celestiall ever being particularly abusive to anyone, but
I
also don't stalk people on these forums) than the behavior displayed by some posters that is caused by what one can only surmise is extreme butthurt over something that nobody else has a clue about (ETA: other than people in the Commerce Forum trying to ignore them).

I find myself in complete agreement with you, Griffin. That should probably worry both of us. Try not to let it happen again, okay?

I thought you were quite open about your twitting, weren't you? Oh, look, there's a link to your Twitter in your sig. So, it's not something that people aren't supposed to use to contact you. Or is it? I'm confuzzled.

I think "that dude" was merely passing along some news. Absolutely no butthurt involved.

Oh, and I don't think he followed you. In fact, I'm sure he didn't.

oh, sorry for not being more specific, but we're headed way off topic now!  If that bothers someone, they are welcome to flag my posts, as they did some others - no sweat.

but hate to leave you in the dark on that.  you might experience something similar someday.

in answer to your question....yeah, I've got quite a few followers, and am very active in that aspect, but even with all the exchanges and all that tweeting, never had someone come in and refer to that little nest of people.  I alluded to them a few times, because it's just bizarre, but didn't give links.  Gave some in private messages, and people's reaction is always similar to WTF is that?  I don't know, but I've got a dude taking notes on it.

So yeah, for someone to pop in out of the blue to a reference to that, was really strange.

It's ok - I checked, and dude had like less than a dozen followers or so, so not an issue really beyond a wee bit of weirdness there for a moment.

Not sure if you know how twitter works or not, but when you tweet something without hashtags, and you've only got a few followers - it's similar to an old phrase that has to do with a tree falling in the forest or something.....you know that phrase?  I don't have it off top of head right now.  Maybe that's wrong example.  It's just the visual I get :)

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

s - it's similar to an old phrase that has to do with a tree falling in the forest or something.....you know that phrase?  I don't have it off top of head right now.  Maybe that's wrong example.  It's just the visual I get

"If a tree falls in the forest but not on top of your head, that's probably just as well" ?

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

s - it's similar to an old phrase that has to do with a tree falling in the forest or something.....you know that phrase?  I don't have it off top of head right now.  Maybe that's wrong example.  It's just the visual I get

"If a tree falls in the forest but not on top of your head, that's probably just as well" ?

Hmmm... a missed opportunity.

...Dres

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

oh, sorry for not being more specific, but we're headed way off topic now!  If that bothers someone, they are welcome to flag my posts, as they did some others - no sweat.

but hate to leave you in the dark on that.  you might experience something similar someday.

No idea what you're talking about there, so into the circular file it goes.

in answer to your question....yeah, I've got quite a few followers, and am very active in that aspect, but even with all the exchanges and all that tweeting, never had someone come in and refer to that little nest of people.  I alluded to them a few times, because it's just bizarre, but didn't give links.  Gave some in private messages, and people's reaction is always similar to WTF is that?  I don't know, but I've got a dude taking notes on it.

So yeah, for someone to pop in out of the blue to a reference to that, was really strange.

I don't believe "dude" gave links, did he? Very easy to find what/who you're talking about, though, Mickey, as you seem to show up here every so often to rant about it/them and you were featured. Are you not getting how that whole search engine thing works? Still?

Is your "dude" in "legal," btw? Good  luck with that.

It's ok - I checked, and dude had like less than a dozen followers or so, so not an issue really beyond a wee bit of weirdness there for a moment.

Yeah, "dude" probably has much better things to do than post on Twitter all day every day and doesn't give a crap how many followers he has. Imagine, if you can.

Not sure if you know how twitter works or not, but when you tweet something without hashtags, and you've only got a few followers - it's similar to an old phrase that has to do with a tree falling in the forest or something.....you know that phrase?  I don't have it off top of head right now.  Maybe that's wrong example.  It's just the visual I get

Oh, I'm well aware of how Twitter works. Search engines, too. I may have to brush up on my SEO, though. Ya never know when you might need it, right?

Void Singer wrote:

if post were removed, it wasn't me.... I the only things I RIC are spam and OP's that need to be moved (and then I always add the appropriate forum it needs moved to)... I'm not a fan of post removal, because it confuses conversations.

I didn't think for a minute it was you Void :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.