Answers Forum is a Gold Mine!

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I see that you are still charming as ever.

As are you.

oh - I do have a teeny weeny question, if you don't mind.

Last time I dropped in here - there were two groups feuding, and kinda got crossed in the cross-fire.

Can you please tell those who do not spend all day here - - - which groups are feuding this week?

Hmmm. Seems to be vampires vs. ... everybody else.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

I see that you are still charming as ever.

As are you.

oh - I do have a teeny weeny question, if you don't mind.

Last time I dropped in here - there were two groups feuding, and kinda got crossed in the cross-fire.

Can you please tell those who do not spend all day here - - - which groups are feuding this week?

Hmmm. Seems to be vampires vs. ... everybody else.

Honestly, there are only a few both willing and able to contribute the kind and level of support Void has put in over the years.  Will those who can be willing and able to spend enough extra time here to fill the hole Void's departure would leave?  Maybe, but I sure would not assume that everyone else who can (by virtue of their relevant expertise) and has time to increase their contributions to make up for Void's absence will necessarily want to spend more of their time so thanklessly.

People able and willing to contribute as Void does are an asset LL would be incrediably stupid to sit idly by and watch leave, especially as a result of trivial and perhaps not rational action of someone who is supposed to be facilitating the well being and good functioning of the forums. 

I will be frustrated and annoyed with LL beyond description if they do nothing to convince Void to stay when resolving this issue would be trivial and takes only a little good sense.  It's plain and clear Void's not even going to require anyone nom the humble pie, but merely an accepting working environment in which to deploy her free, voluntary labour to LL's benefit.

I rely on Void's expertise every time I script and the fact that I could post a question and someone like Void will be kind enough to respond is often all I need to not panic and be able to solve the problem myself.

Mostly I solve whatever problem I am having by researching solutions through google.  In so many cases the answer I need is in a post of Void's responding to someone asking about a similar issue.  Thank goodness for the archives, as it means I have years of Void and other similar contributor's patient, generously given expertise and advice to fall back on. 

I'd be lost without the contributions of a relatively few posters, some of whom no longer post as it is (and may have moved on from SL for all I know). 

While I know I have no right to expect it from Void, I think that LL is letting me and many, many other users down if they do not take reasonable steps to resolve a minor issue that could bring about such drastic consequences as the departure of volunteer labour of the kind Void puts in and has put in for years. 

Honestly, there are only a few both willing and able to contribute the kind and level of support Void has put in over the years.  Will those who can be willing and able to spend enough extra time here to fill the hole Void's departure would leave?  Maybe, but I sure would not assume that everyone else who can (by virtue of their relevant expertise) and has time to increase their contributions to make up for Void's absence will necessarily want to spend more of their time so thanklessly.

People able and willing to contribute as Void does are an asset LL would be incrediably stupid to sit idly by and watch leave, especially as a result of trivial and perhaps not rational action of someone who is supposed to be facilitating the well being and good functioning of the forums. 

I will be frustrated and annoyed with LL beyond description if they do nothing to convince Void to stay when resolving this issue would be trivial and takes only a little good sense.  It's plain and clear Void's not even going to require anyone nom the humble pie, but merely an accepting working environment in which to deploy her free, voluntary labour to LL's benefit.

I rely on Void's expertise every time I script and the fact that I could post a question and someone like Void will be kind enough to respond is often all I need to not panic and be able to solve the problem myself.

Mostly I solve whatever problem I am having by researching solutions through google.  In so many cases the answer I need is in a post of Void's responding to someone asking about a similar issue.  Thank goodness for the archives, as it means I have years of Void and other similar contributor's patient, generously given expertise and advice to fall back on. 

I'd be lost without the contributions of a relatively few posters, some of whom no longer post as it is (and may have moved on from SL for all I know). 

While I know I have no right to expect it from Void, I think that LL is letting me and many, many other users down if they do not take reasonable steps to resolve a minor issue that could bring about such drastic consequences as the departure of volunteer labour of the kind Void puts in and has put in for years. 

Anaiya Arnold wrote:

Hear, Hear...nicely written :)

Anaiya Arnold wrote:

Hear, Hear...nicely written :)

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

There are plenty of people who would love to answer questions. [...]

by all means, they should

[...]They make it sound like they are the only ones available to do so. [...]

heavens no, if you got that impression, please allow me to formally correct it. While there is a core of a few dozen people whose efforts to provide help for others is very noticeable, I feel confident in saying that each one of the them will tell you the same thing: "it takes a community"

...from the people who may only answer one question ever, to those who scan the forums multiple times a day, and even the people who just stop by to shoot the breeze and give us something to ponder or giggle at, all contributions make it both an effective resource, and a place that people want to come back to and contribute to.

if any one of us drops and leaves, that doesn't mean the whole thing comes crumbling down.... but it might show that it is already crumbling.

[...] But I'm just doing a drop-in and missed all the drama.  Something about a boycott or something?  They're not going to answer questions?  There are lots of people who will answer questions.

the "drama" in this case is not any personality clash among posters (which can be largely ignored), but rather LL's handling of policy.

PS

"two weeks notice" was used ironically, in the sense of "not working here anymore", I have never been nor am I currently on LL's payroll... When I believe they've done right, I say so, and the same when I believe they've done wrong.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

There are plenty of people who would love to answer questions. [...]

by all means, they should

[...]They make it sound like they are the only ones available to do so. [...]

heavens no, if you got that impression, please allow me to formally correct it. While there is a core of a few dozen people whose efforts to provide help for others is very noticeable, I feel confident in saying that each one of the them will tell you the same thing: "it takes a community"

...from the people who may only answer one question ever, to those who scan the forums multiple times a day, and even the people who just stop by to shoot the breeze and give us something to ponder or giggle at, all contributions make it both an effective resource, and a place that people want to come back to and contribute to.

if any one of us drops and leaves, that doesn't mean the whole thing comes crumbling down.... but it might show that it is already crumbling.

[...] But I'm just doing a drop-in and missed all the drama.  Something about a boycott or something?  They're not going to answer questions?  There are lots of people who will answer questions.

the "drama" in this case is not any personality clash among posters (which can be largely ignored), but rather LL's handling of policy.

PS

"two weeks notice" was used ironically, in the sense of "not working here anymore", I have never been nor am I currently on LL's payroll... When I believe they've done right, I say so, and the same when I believe they've done wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.