Looking to Model

CaramelBombshell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there! Im Mia. Im currently looking to Model in SL. I have high quality hair, cloths, and I just recently paid 1777 on very highly detailed skin. I am a curvy model and can model tops for busty women as well as pants and shorts for women with butts. Anything else just ask. Here are a few sample shots.

Snapshort_032.pngSnapshort_034.pngVampySnapshort_031.png

ps. the skin I am wearing is not the new skin I just bought haven't got around to taking pictures in that yet. But I will update this post as soon as I do. ;)

Hi again, Mia ^_^ I have a few suggestions for you, and a little advice/caution. For one, taking photos in SL: You may want to try a windlight setting. I'm sure you've noticed the shadows around your face, particularly the nose. It happens to everyone, and it's a side effect of the default light settings in SL. Doesn't make for the best snapshots. Your avatar is lovely, but that lighting adds those shadows to everyone. Try a different setting; I use "Nam's Optimal Skin 2" for most of mine. Also, the jagged/pixelated looking edges can be fixed by going to "Avatar>Preferences>Graphics>Hardware Settings>Antialiasing, and putting that up to about 4x.

As for modelling in SL, it's VERY hard to get into. Everyone in SL has the ability to look gorgeous. Furthermore, many creators use alts for their advertisement photos, so they don't have to pay them. For that reason, most of the modelling in SL is catwalk modelling, so others can see the items being worn by a real avatar, with a 360 degree view around the item, and see how it moves with the avatar. I suggest finding a good modelling AO and some good poses, if you're really serious about it.

There are modelling "agencies" in SL, but I've heard you have to be careful about which ones you try. Some are more reliable than others. For most, you pay a fee for classes on how to model in SL (it's harder than it looks, it seems). You can certainly find jobs without them, but I've heard it might be a little harder. Either way, it's no easy task!

I wish you luck; I'm sure there's something out there for you, but keep in mind that it might be tricky to find.

Good point on the makeup ^_^

Mia: If your new skin didn't come with makeup options, you may want to purchase some makup tattoo layers. Not all designers are looking for a heavily made-up model, so you may run into problems if you don't have some alternate options, particularly some more neutral makeup. You'll also need a good selection of clothes (for skin/hair/shape modelling), hair, and possibly skins in other tones.

Muffin also makes a point about having some "outstanding" feature that catches attention. Classic beauty is great, but generic. My avi, for instance, has two different colored eyes, and freckles. Even that adds a little something memorable.

Well I have a more natural hour glass shape, not thing too bazaar. And as for the make, I have new skin now and it comes with makeup so obviously that's what the designers are looking for is avis with makeup, cause I for sure didn't add the makeup myself. Anyway I will be adding the new pics of my avi with the new skin, I fixed the lighting. But these are just demo pics to show the designers what I actually look like, they can kinda go from there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.