Shop-oh-holics .. CALLING ALL FASHIONISTAS ... We need a group

CaramelBombshell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so Im just browsing the community looking for friends and spots that I find interesting and I see a lot about sex and etc lol But seriously?? Where are my Shop-oh-holics. The girls and guys who spend hours browsing the Marketplace or traveling inWorld trying and buying cloths. Im considering starting a group and need two more people to help me get it started. A place for contest, tips, give-a-ways, etc etc If you have any idea or maybe know the place where I need to be [maybe I missed it] comment here lets talk about it.

CALLING ALL FASHIONISTAS...!!!!

I am here where are you??

LIVE, LOVE, SHOP ...!!

They're out there. I think there's a board for one at the landing point at Zaara, as a matter of fact...Don't know the name of it offhand, though.

The hard part of this is that a lot of shops have their own groups to announce sales, contests, hunts, gifts, etc. To really get something like this going, you'd have to a) get a LOT of major (and minor) shops involved, or b) get a lot of people who visit shops and are in shop groups involved, to let everyone else know what's happening. It's actually not a bad idea: you could get a few officers who are members of a number of store groups together, and you and the officers could collaborate on a weekly (or maybe biweekly - many stores lately have had special weekend sales) notecard about the hotspots for sales and hunts and contests, etc. Plus group members could chat about new releases at favorite stores, items they've found and love, that sort of thing.

Also, try visiting some blogs. My curent favorite is Fashionista Wannabe. I see what she posts, and then go shopping for what she's wearing; sometimes the whole outfits, sometimes just one item, sometimes one item and some coordinating pieces not in the blog.

I spend A LOT on clothes in SL, so I know how you feel. I do have other interests, but...I admit to being a total shopaholic.

hahaha That's awesome its good to have someone who understands! and Yes I plan on working my way to the blogs to see what's going on there. This is something I really want to do and when I put my mind to it I get it done. So im most definitely going to looking to talking to the officers about it.

One thing that IMVU did do fun was the weekly [or maybe it was daily] cloths contest. That was one of the funniest things Ive participated it, and it gave me a excuse to go shopping! :D So yea Im working on something awesome here. and Thanks so much for replying ^^

Oh they are out there, Caramel. And they do shop. You will find them chattering in many shopping and fashion groups. Vain Inc. Fash Con Cafe. Plus I think there are other groups dedicated to lucky chairs, mania boards, etc. Probably also there are groups for freebie collectors, just as there are blogs for these.

Have fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.