Animation prio wrong?

Alef Ohmai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I've made an animation in QAVImator and uploaded it, but even though I upload it at highest prio, 4, the "idle" animations keep overriding some of my joints. So it keeps on twisting in particular its arms and torso arbitrarily all the time. I don't get what I'm doing wrong.

One idea I tried was that it could be because it needed to have a non-zero value for every joint in order for SL to understand that it should keep it's hand off that joint. I tried making a new version of the animation where I added a very small value for those joints that previously had 0 value, so in that animation EVERY single joint had a value that was non-zero, and prio 4, still the "idle" poses kept on disturbing the animation. Any ideas? I'm really frustrated with this.

//Dave

You are on the right track. Every joint needs to not be zero. Maybe you are not moving the joints far enough. When I make animations, .1 is enough for the system to recognize it. Also, remember that the animation needs a Tframe. This is the first frame of the animation, and gives the system your position. Most people make this with all zero joints, which is why it is called a Tframe, and why you need to move each joint off zero.

Hi, thanks for your reply... Haven't been able to make it work though. I had already tried with all joings at least 0.01, I now tried both 0.1 as you suggested and even 1.0, but still idle animations kept overriding my joints, I really don't get what I'm doing wrong.... have uploaded the darn animation so many times now I should get some kind of rebate :-)

I agree with Medhue, it sounds like a problem with the initial frame. If a bones rotation changes significantly from the first frame somewhere in the animation then the importer will keep it. Otherwise the importer ignores that bone entirely. In a multi frame animation the first frame is a reference and its easier to change that . A change of about a degree in x or y axis should do it, or you could do something dramatic like Medhue :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.