Is this mail really from Linden Lab?

ziegfeld30

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, I've got an Email, it said that I've bought Linden from a website XXXX.com and they used a stolen Paypal account or Credit Card. I don't know if it's true. How can the Linden Lab know where I've bought gold and the information of their Paypal account? My brother said it's probably from some cheaters or hackers.

First, who does the email say its from Linden Lab or the party that sold the lindens?

DId you in fact buy Lindens anywhere but on the Second Life website, or in world?

Who does it claim used a stolen PayPal account or credit card? You?  Are they saying that the account info you gave them to make your purchase was stolen from them by another person who used it?  Or are they saying that the person you bought the linden's through used stolen account info to buy them to sell to you?

When you buy linden from a third party money exchange the information has to go to LL so that the amount in your account is updated.  So yes, they know how much you bought and who you bought it from.

Do not under ANY circumstance "confirm' any personal information,  account numbers, names or passwords over the internet because of unsolicited email.  Do not go to any websites that are not official second life or LL, websites.  If you buy from LL or have payment info on file,  Linden Lab has the information already and so does anyone that you gave it to in order to purchase something.  Such confirmations are unnecessary and almost certainly scams. 

When in doubt about anything concerning charges for or against your SL account or your account balance, call Billing yourself.  .

The important word being CALL. Pick up that phone... or use Skype if it's cheaper. Never click links in emails you're not 100% sure about. If you have to visit a website have your email open in one web browser [eg: Internet Explorer] and open another one to visit the site in question [eg: Chrome] that way they can't share cookies and/or information.

Alarzarin hit it, NEVER EVER open an email you not sure about. i always check the locations that emails are from before opening them (unless i know them of course) here is a link of a FREE tracker, it works well and will tell you within 100klms (60 miles) of the location. http://www.ip-address.org/lookup/ip-locator.php

and if it looks ok to you and you open it, NEVER EVER use a link sent to you in an email, not even your banks, always use your own bookmark.link. the F.B.I are also interested in scam emails and you can report it to them as well. http://www.fbi.gov/

IF they tell you you bought Lindens and used stolen info, use your own bookmar and check you banking transactions, this will tell you if it is true or not and then you can report to 1) secondlife 2) FBI 3) your bank yourself. if there is no missing money, ignore it and delete it after you report the scam.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.