Jump to content
  • 0

What on earth is the difference between LeTigre, Magnum, and BlueSteel?


Mikaela Pawpad
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

 

 

I know all three are different release channels on which sims run on. My question is, what exactly is the difference between each? Are they completely seperate projects all together, or different phases of a single project? What are each of their's weaknesses, and advantages? e.t.c... Thanks in advance ^_^

 

 

EDIT: Thank you so much for your replies ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

They're three separate projects, all of which get tested over on the Aditi/Beta test grid. Weakness and advantages vary from week to week, depending how the tests go.  Whichever project is successful for six days, this gets rolled out to 20% of the regular Agni grid, and if there are no problems, the remaining 80% get the updates too. 

The main advantage is that we no longer have to contend with several hours of disabled logins. Disadvantages would seem to be people tend to hold their breath each time a new project is rolled out to the main grid (or is it just me?)!

I dredged through some old Beta Server User Group transcripts and found a fuller explanation http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta_Server_Office_Hours/Minutes/2010-09-02

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

LL usually has several development projects going at once.  Sometimes they are alternate solutions for the same problem.  Sometimes they are completely different projects.  The sims running LeTigre, Blue Steel, and Magnum have different bundles of development projects in beta.  If they survive testing there, the projects are rolled out to all servers on the main grid. To see what's currently being tested in each of them, visit  >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta/BlueSteelhttp://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta/LeTigre , and http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta/Magnum

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...