Making a group for the land I rent.

Shoujo Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a group I made for my land, and I set my land to the group. I want the members to only have the ability to rez items without a time limit for them on the land. I try to edit my group to allow that, but im lost. How do I do it? I have an everyone role, and an owner role, which is me. I can't seem to see nor edit what the everyone role has for abilitys. What do i do?

See if this bit from the knowledge base helps:

Note: When Create Objects is set only to Group in the About Land Options tab, it is necessary to wear the group title from the same group the land is set or deeded to in order to rez objects.

You may want to check this, but as I recall, you can set the land so non-group members can rez, too, but with auto-return removing after a while everything that's not set to group.  Things may be set to group manually in the editor, or rezzed already set to group by having the group active when the member is rezzing.

If you've already deeded your land to your group, it shouldn't present much of problem in giving build permissions to your group members.  Make sure it's actually owned by the group by going to World/About Land/General, and look down a few lines to "Owner:  (Group Owned)".   If it doesn't indicate the land is owned by group, then you didn't actually deed your land properly.

Now, while still in that area, go into World/About Land/Options/ ... Look at "Create Objects", there should only be a checkmark next to "Group" for that option.  (If "All Residents" is already selected, then remove that checkmark.)

Click OK and close that window.

Now, open your Group Info window and get into  Group Info/Members & Roles/Roles ... Click on each role that you wish to have building permissions, and you should see a dropdown menu of all their abilities.  Scroll down to "Parcel Powers" and select "Always allow 'Create Objects' ".   There may be other abilities you wish to assign as well, but that one will give your members the abilty to build.

That's it!  Have fun!

Shoujo Swords wrote:

I have a group I made for my land, and I set my land to the group. I want the members to only have the ability to rez items without a time limit for them on the land. I try to edit my group to allow that, but im lost. How do I do it? I have an everyone role, and an owner role, which is me. I can't seem to see nor edit what the everyone role has for abilitys. What do i do?

Hello Shoujo. This is no so complicated as it looks. At first the land is no necessary to be deeded to group. If you have set the land to group is enough. After that, open your group's profile --> Roles --> New Role, create a new role and name it (for example Members) --> Go down where it says "Allowed Abilities" --> Parcel Powers --> Always allow "Create Objects" (if you want you open more abilities) --> Save. After you give the new role in your friends. a)If someone is no in your group and you invite him for first time when you send the invitation you give the new Role (it says "Choose what Role to assign them to:" b)If someone is already in the group, you don't invite him again just you give him the new role. Open the roles tab in your group's profile --> choose the resident you want --> click where it says "Assigned Roles" the new role and save. That's all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.