Inventory issues?

Cully Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First place I looked was lost and found. Nothing there. The other day when the script I got vanished I tried relogging, different viewer, clearing cache - all the things you usually try. It never did appear in my inventory. I'm more curious as to whether other people are getting the same thing at the moment.

• 4 months later...

FoXxy Yardley wrote:

I have a problem, whichever viewer i use i end up wearing all my inventory 

Any clues on how to fix this problem gratefully recieved

well i don't know if there is a faster way yet..but this helped the person i helped with the same situation a little while back..this is a quote to a thread  after we got her all fixed up..

"ok i'm gonna try to remember what all  we did..i just woke up and things are kind of blurry to me still lol

i believe she has it fixed now...she had IM'd me to come and see what was happening with her avatar..

so we figured we would see if her scripts and prims were showing up inworld..

there was nothing out of the ordinary really..

what the problem ended up being was her linked items in her  My Outfits folders..

i found a few threads on it and seen that it pretty much seems to be a V3 issue..

from the threads i found on it it seems that it could be from wearing a folder and then at some point going and wearing another folder to replace the current folder  being worn..

what happens is that this can trigger the inventory to start linking everything to the current outfit..

what we noticed is that when she would detach something..those items would stay detached.

and when she tried to detach all..it would make her crash...

so she ended up detaching everything in her inventory..one by one..it took awhile but she stuck it out..

i think what happens is when you detach things slowly instead of all at once ..you end up killing off the bad links...

so once she had everything detached..she did a full manual uninstall and then installed  the old snowglobe viewer to see if she could delete the my outfit sub folders..they were not able to be deleted..

so she went and got the viewer that she was wanting to use most..which was phoenix viewer..she installed that and didn't touch anything until her inventory was fully loaded..

i kept ctrl alt T on just to see if anything started to attach..everything loaded ..phoenix gave a message that she had an old bridge and did she want to replace it..by this time everything was a major decision..LOL

i was like omg this is like disarming a bomb lol.. yes  go ahead and replace it lol..so she did and  oi think we both held our breath  hoping nothing would start to load up lol

that changed out without a problem..then she tried a relog and then put on an outfit and she seems to be fine now..the last time i talked to her anyways..

oh also she ended up being able to delete her sub folders in the phoenix viewer also..

so basically  i think we have to watch out with linked folders  now..a lot of the threads and people that have had this problem seem to be  from not too long ago..from december until now..and i'm sure there is going to be more..

i would say rather than wearing a linked folder to replace one already being worn..it's probably a good thing to take those things off manually before wearing ta new linked folder..i would also watch when deleting  folders and using those items as links right away again..maybe a cache clean and relog before  trying  to link those again..

it's just a hunch but maybe a good idea to just be real careful with the linked folder stuff..it's really hard to try to explain and remember what all we did because there was a lot of trial and error gong on and wondering  if we should try this or this without jarring the inventory to go crazy and start linking stuff again..

i would make a jira about this..but to be honest..i'm getting dizzy just trying to explain what  we did let alone try to remember what exactly worked and what was trial and error ..

lol

either way..just glad to see it's something that can be fixed...just have to find a faster way if there is one.."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.