Really Messed Up

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is a server issue but I'm having major probs, heres a brief list:

1) I cant TP anywhere

2) My friends list wont load

3) My groups has dissapeard

4) No voice

5) I cant change any options on my land, its as if I dont even own it anymore.

This is not just me either, my wife is having same issues as is others renting parcels on the land. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dilbert makes a good point. Try another region.

If that does not resolve the problems, then it may be a connection problem. Check your viewer stats by pressing Ctrl-Shift-1. Look at Ping and Packet Loss. Ping <=250 and Packet Loss =0% are very usable. If they are higher, you can start to have problems.

If the values are high, look at Time Dilation and Physics FPS. As the SL region server lags you can see a distortion in Ping that is not a connection issue. Also, packets may not be getting lost in transit. The server may not be sending them if it is lagging out. 

If your values are too high check your connection at someplace like SpeedTest.net. That will tell you if it is your connection or SL's.

@All on this thread

SL today is about as messed up as I've seen a SLunday.  My home sim is apparently running well, frankly a little too well, from recent experience.  Teleports have been diabolical, when completed.  Several time I have finished up beneath the floor of the sim I am attempting to leave, as the sim-server botches its handoff.  That is something I haven't seen for 2 years.

Now if that were just me I'd be looking at my ISP, my router and all that jazz.  It wasn't, it was several people, some having a worse time than me.

One sim that I did TP into announced that is was running Server version 11.10.10.0 - pardon? - a BETA grid version on Agni??

One friend found herself walking inverted on a sim she visited!!

Now I've been calm and patient up to now and in truth there is little that I can do except relate my experiences, but this is becoming a farce.

@somedude - if you own it you could try a region restart or if you rent advise your landlord you are having problems then maybe they could do it.  If on mainland try raising a support ticket, or it may fix itself at the weekly restarts.

@Ayesha - that is very weird, it does seem to report as a non-existent server version.  All I can assume is that the estate owners have agreed to let LL try some stuff out there.

You aren't the only one, somedude. Can't teleport off sim, friends list won't load, no groups list, no prim readout in preferences, 'building' is doing strange things, can't IM anyone, not receiving from Market, not listed as 'owner' on land, among other problems. Tried getting in touch with the head guy, don't know if he will get the message. Restarts on Agni so not sure if it's that or just the sim I'm on.

OK

This is getting beyond a joke,and it is certainly NOT what we pay for.  Our sim is one of the best run homesteads in SL and it is being brought to its knees by whatever is going on in SL. Logging on and off is almost stopping the sim..some sounds actually do stop.  Even TP inside the sim is slow and unreliable, to other sims it is almost impossible.  It is not just me and it is NOT script count related.

What on earth is going on??

Ayesha Askham wrote:

OK

This is getting beyond a joke,and it is certainly NOT what we pay for.  Our sim is one of the best run homesteads in SL and it is being brought to its knees by whatever is going on in SL. Logging on and off is almost stopping the sim..some sounds actually do stop.  Even TP inside the sim is slow and unreliable, to other sims it is almost impossible.  It is not just me and it is NOT script count related.

What on earth is going on??

Have you carried out (if you have permissions) or requested a sim restart?   That is usually the first thing to try.

@Hitomi

I was going to do just that, actually, but the Tuesday restart on Main server did it for me, we were moved to another server during the restart, something which doesn't usually occur, so I guess the faulty server was noticed.

I'm reluctant to do manual restarts unless essential, since I have found Homestead servers to be hugely variable in their resilience.  This time we got a good one!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.