Xstreet Credit Discounts

Anakin Dyrssen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As Arwen stated there is no MP feature for that.

What you need to do is create your own discount model.  I developed something similar to that for several months in an attempt to move more of my Customer sales inworld by creating an MP DEMO BOX listing which not only showed off samples of my various landscape sculpty map builders packs but the MP Demo box acted as an actual rebate coupon to any of my SL customers that made their purchase from my inwolrd store instead of my MP store.

The MP customer would buy the free demo box, read the rebate instructions and then AFTER they bought the packs inworld, I sent them their rebate for the packs they bought.  This promo ran for about 9 months (I just ended it a month ago) and my ratio of MP-Inworld sales went from a 90-10 to now about a 70-30 ratio.  It also generated more sales than if they would have bought on MP for a couple reasons:

1)   When many of these customers contacted me for their rebate - often the conversation with my customer allowed me to show them my other packs that they would not have seen in MP and they actually bought.

2)   Related to #1, many customers realized the excellent after sales service I provide and subsequently came back to buy other packs.  I notice a lot of MP customers dont often IM me after the sale.

3)   When the customer comes inworld - they see ALL my landscape packs and they see actually live demos of my product in my store and they buy more than the 1 pack they normally would have bought on MP.

For your sake, you might want to provide a REBATE COUPON on your actual product and provide simple instructions on how they receive their rebate.

Rebate Coupons have worked very well for me.

PS... you can submit a LL JIRA on a new feature for MP but honestly.... dont hold your breath that LL Commerce Team will action it.  They have not even executed on much more demended features like site/listing reporting on sales and traffic. 

If you want a feature from MP - you need to create it yourself of learn to not have it.

lol, Pamela, of course you're right. I never thought of it because the "stale shopping cart" issue still exists (apparently I'm the only one who really is bothered by it). If the price is discounted on the MP, no matter what the price is changed to in the future, if the item is in the cart, the shopper gets that original price due to the cart issue.

I guess I equate "discount" with "promotion" with "limited time" -- which doesn't work on the MP. Or, that the Merchant wants to identify a "group" of shoppers who are eligible for the discount and can get it through the MP (a feature that doesn't exist).

Arwen Serpente wrote:

lol, Pamela, of course you're right. I never thought of it because the "stale shopping cart" issue still exists (apparently I'm the only one who really is bothered by it). If the price is discounted on the MP, no matter what the price is changed to in the future, if the item is in the cart, the shopper gets that original price due to the cart issue.

I guess I equate "discount" with "promotion" with "limited time" -- which doesn't work on the MP. Or, that the Merchant wants to identify a "group" of shoppers who are eligible for the discount and can get it through the MP (a feature that doesn't exist).

Yes, being able to reward a group would be nice, but will not happen before I die.

The other reasons for using the REBATE model is that:

1)  you dont need to change / reduce your price on the MP listing which as you have already explained causes a lot of technical MP problems regarding MP price changing... inlcuding how it changes search priority

2)  since there is a MP TOS policy set up by LL to protect its MP against its own inworld sales competitor (lol LL protecting itself against itself) which does not allow a merchant to have an inworld price for a listing be lower than the MP price.... a rebate can be offered and an excuse made on the reason for the rebate that has nothing to do with the TOS policy.

3)  You can start and end the rebate offer at any time with very little effort or impact to your MP listings or changing a ton of re-pricing.

Anyway... it worked awesome for me

Pamela Galli wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Yes, being able to reward a group would be nice, but will not happen before I die.

"OH!  This would be pretty trivial to do yourself" Said the ANS Fairy

Yes seriously, if you were set up to receive MP ANS sale data, you'd have all that you need to then automatically have an inworld box issue a credit.  It wouldn't be a discount at point of sale but would be issued as a refund.

What you'd need to do is have a php page that received the data, have this then contact an inworld box that had debit permissions and have this pay the purchaser.

Current xstreet page lets you send the sale data direct to an inworld object which would just be the latter step of the above.  Very simple but i'd prefer to have it also logging to a database so that it could be checked against.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.