missing purchases

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

gilly Darkstone wrote:

Hi all

is it just me or are a lot of purchases going astray?  I have bought several things recently that haven't turned up and other people have reported the same

You don't say where you're buying them from?  I presume the Marketplace?  Merchants have no control over the delivery process of Marketplace.  It's a well discussed and very painful issue.  If the MP does not deliver within an 8 hour period, it will refund you.  If you check your Marketplace Orders on the website, you will be able to determine what status the order is at.

If it says "Delivered" and you haven't received it, had you logged out and it attempted delivery when you were offline?  If you had capped messages then it will have been lost.  Contact the merchant via their preferred contact method which is usually IM or notecard.  Don't assume that all merchants want notecards.

Please remember that failures of the MP to deliver are not the merchants fault, the other option is to open a support case with LL.

Best option to avoid MP non delivery is to buy inworld at the merchants shop.

I just want to carry a big sign and say, Don't buy from the marketplace however, most deliveries are sucessful. We only hear about the ones that aren't.

As for my own store, I've had a couple and that's it. As for my own purchaes, I have had many which leads me to believe, it has a lot to do with how those magic boxes are stored.

I recently made a purchase from the marketplace and my $L were deducted & the product not delivered. I contacted the seller and she apologized and made sure I recieved my item. She said that the delivery failure was due to LL resetting their software, or something like that. So altho delivery of my purchase was delayed approx. 24 hrs, I still received it & no harm was done. I think that reputable sellers will be glad to make things right with you if you contact them and explain the situation politely.

Jeanne

I believe the markeplace is performing worse than usual lately.  I've had a lot more hanging deliveries (the sale eventually processes but only after stalling for hours.

Several times in the last week I've gotten an in-world message claiming the item has been delivered but the transaction hangs and the item is listed as undelivered for hours after the delivered message in-world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.