"Butt" position?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey folks, thank you for all the help in my post on setting animations in my AO hud, it has worked out great! 

One problem though, when I sit down, say on a bench, my bum is not on the seat, it is in the air just in front of the seat. Is there a way to fix this?

PS. Sorry of the word "bum" is offensive...

Is it a particular bench?

If so that bench probably has it's own built-in sit animation with it's own SitTarget/sit position
The best you can do is to turn off you AO and use the bench's sit:smileyhappy:

If it is on any prim I guess the animation you use is not aligned with the default sit-animation

• Like 1

Ricky40 wrote:

It is everywhere I sit. And that paricular bench has no built i sit animation, I am speakingof the benches at Dore welcome center just outside bay city.

In that case I will repeat myself: I guess the animation you use is not aligned with the default sit-animation.

In other words: the hip coordinates in your animation and the default sit-animation are not the same.

If you use Qavimator you can open the default sit-animator in Qavimator and read what the coordinates are

I have no idea how to do that in blender or any other animation tool

All built-in animations including "sit" are available for download somewhere on the SL wiki.

Hi Ricky, I don't know about your exact situation, but I do know that when I sit on various surfaces, depending on the quality of the object/animation, I sometimes have to turn my AO off to make it look right.

So, try this, sit on something, if it looks weird, turn your ao off. If it looks ok, that's your solution. If it still looks off, then disregard my suggestion :P

ps, ao can be turned back on when standing :)

• Like 1

The "sits" I am refering to are actually ones that I have added to my AO. Thses particular ones are ones I took out of pose balls I bought designed to be placed into furniture, maybe that is the problem. But just so I am clear I am talking about the sits I now have in my AO, not the ones built inot the bench I am sittig on. I am ususally sittting in the center square wlecome are, Dore, ther are no build in seaating animations anywhere there.

Hi :)

Sometimes when I sit, the position isn't quite right, so I stand up and reclick on a slightly different location, it seems that where ever the cursor is pointed at is where my avatar wants to sit. You might be able to point your cursor more precisely where you want to sit, or experiment clicking on different parts of the bench.

I believe your problem is the offset of those animations you have in your AO. Furniture sit anims sometimes have an offset built in so that you sit a certain distance from the poseball. AO sits need a zero offset so you sit where you click. Sometimes you can override the offset in the script. I know furniture scripts can do this. You may want to read your AOs instructions to see if you can manually enter a new offset for each sit. You may have to buy a new ao sit anim. There are lots available that you can buy and toss into the AO.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.