Renting mainland: setting up the group for tenants?

Enju Scribe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm a first-time landlord and I found myself puzzled by a couple of issues. I am hoping someone here can help :)

1. I have made a group for tenants so that they can rez on their land. My question is: how do I prevent tenants from building on other plots besides the one they are renting (or is there no way to do this but monitor it manually?)? Is there a way to restrict their objects to their own parcel?

2. I am confused about deeding land to the group. Is this something I should do if I am renting the land?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

3 answers to this question

There really isn't any automatic way to monitor and restrict building, since all of your parcels will be set to allow building by group members.  You can easily set up a scripted monitor on each parcel that lets the tenant see how many prims are being used and by whom, and that script could send you the information periodically.  There are such devices on the market, or it would be am easy matter for a scripter to write a customized one for you.

There is a 10% advantage to group ownership of land, so you may want to consider deeding  to take advantage of it.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

by deeding your land to group you are giving your tennants the ability to change things in the about land window such as parcel media land name parcel ban list return items etc you can create one or more roles in your group and assign any parcel management controls you like to that role though this does mean that if a tennant can change these things on their parcel they can do it on any other land deeded to the same group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.