Lost control of a group despite being an owner after a grid transfer.

SupaNeo Nori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Back when I was on the teen grid I created a group called "The Hedgehog Group". When I transferred to the Main Grid after becoming 18 the group was gone. At some point during the last year it suddenly appeared again, so I invited myself back in. The group shows that I am the founder and am currently in an Owner role, but I have no control over the group at all.

The group is effectively dead and I am the only owner in the group with no control. How do I solve this problem?

Update: Thank you for your answers. I could not find a reply option anywhere, so hopefully this will suffice. I am looking at this page here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and cannot find an appropriate option to file the ticket under. Can you help with this matter? I'm finding the whole process incredibly frustrating.

Update 2: Thanks again for the answer. The main reason this is a problem for me is that I created a new group to replace the old one while it was still based on the Teen Grid. Now there are two groups that are almost identical stating that they are each the "official" group. I looked under the Account options on the support case page, but the second list of options are so specific I can't find anything even close. There is no one text box I can just type in, but rather specific ones relating to the options. The note on the page stating that incorrectly filed tickets may receive a response just adds further frustration. I suppose my only real option is to make a distinct clarification on the new group that states the old one is defunct.

3 answers to this question

If you are the owner of the group, then you have total control.  That's what the Owner role entails.  If the group is really dead, you should be able to eject everyone else.  At that point, you will be the sole remaining member and the group will cease to exist after 48 hour. 

If it really is true that you have no control, then either (a) you are not really the owner or (b) the group is borked.  I think your only choice is to file a support ticket and ask LL to get rid of the group (or just live with it.  That won't be the only extinct group in SL).

SupaNeo Nori wrote:

Update: Thank you for your answers. I could not find a reply option anywhere, so hopefully this will suffice. I am looking at this page here:
 and cannot find an appropriate option to file the ticket under. Can you help with this matter? I'm finding the whole process incredibly frustrating.

You have replied in exactly the right way. We have tried to get LL to build in a better system, but this is what we have to work with for now.  :smileysad:

You're right that there's no obvious category for your question in the pulldown menu.  The closest might be to frame it as an Account issue, on the theory that something must have been borked in your account when you moved from the TG to the main grid.  It's a stretch, but not an implausible one. The process for removing your group would be a lot easier if you were a Premium member, of course, and could use Live Chat. 

As I suggested in my previous post, though, you do have the option of just ignoring the whole thing.  After all, you can belong to as many as 42 groups, so having one dead one isn't the end of the world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.