Sign in to follow this  
Don Roodborst

Which NVIDIA 500 Series graphics cards will run SL at 1920x1200 in ultra mode?

Question

I wanna say "Yes, its your grapics card",but at same time it could be internet... I not sure. I never really wanted the ultra grapics to run even though it looks nicer... So I thinking your grapics can only handly high atm... :(

Don't take my word for it I not 100% on that

3 answers to this question

I wanna say "Yes, its your grapics card",but at same time it could be internet... I not sure. I never really wanted the ultra grapics to run even though it looks nicer... So I thinking your grapics can only handly high atm... :(

Don't take my word for it I not 100% on that

The GTX 285 was almost top-of-the-line when it was released so although the 500 series is newer I don't think you'd get noticably better performance even from the 590 - certainly not three times better.  Unless someone comes along with better information I'd save the money.

However, connection speed should only be a limiter while new-region data is downloading.  Once you've been in an area for a while things should settle down (my connection often ticks-over at under 50kps while I'm at home).

'Ultra' mode covers a lot of different things though, of course.  Have you tried adjusting the individual settings to see where the performance hit is incurred?  Shadow is the most obvious, along with draw-distance.  In some places reducing the max particles can have a significant effect too.

Hello Don. I agree that you will not see difference if you replace your GTX 285 with another card from 500 series. The answer is that you need 2 graphics card in SLI (working together). A friend uses 2 GTX 275. This way you will play in ultra mode at 30 fps or more.