Graphics Settings and Facelight

ShyBirdShy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Decro Schmooz wrote:

There used to be and option in the Advanced menu that could toggle light attachments on and off back in the day.

There still is one (on some viewers at least...).

Let me demonstrate what people are complaining about when they say they don't like light attachments to avatars. This is an example of someone actually griefing a sim last night:

wtf.png

That's an extreme example. If my facelight (on the right in the example below; my associate does not have a facelight attached) somehow bothers someone... they reeeeally need to get a life.

1m.jpg

Decro Schmooz wrote:

There used to be and option in the Advanced menu that could toggle light attachments on and off back in the day.

In the latest Linden Lab V3 viewers the setting is now in:

"Develop, Rendering, Render Attached Lights". You can turn the feature on and off from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget that changing the graphics settings on *your* browser only affects how you look on your computer, it has no impact at all on how you look to anyone else.  So, OP mentioned that she uses medium graphics to get just the effect she wants on her browser, but using high graphics, the same facelight looked garish.  Well, if it looked bad to OP on high graphics, it probably looks bad to anyone else using high graphics, OP's graphics settings have no effect on anyone elses browser.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.